Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » wetsuit advice Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-24 9:20 PM

Subject: wetsuit advice

Hi all, I'm new the forum! I'm seeking some advice on buying my first wetsuit. I've been a pool swimmer up till now, but I'm ready to do some open water swimming soon. It's going to be Lake Wilcox or Musselman Lake, starting in mid September and going through to mid October. Anyone know what sort of water temperatures I'd be dealing with at that time of year? And what characteristics would I be looking for in the wetsuit?

2011-08-24 9:24 PM
in reply to: #3658037

User image

Veteran
Burlington
Subject: RE: wetsuit advice
Not sure what the water will be like but it will be cool.As far as wetsuit shopping there are really a few things to consider. Main thing us fit, find the suit that fits you best and allows for good arm movement. The next thing to consider is price, there isn't a huge difference between mid to high priced suits so try not to be swayed by marketing
2011-09-01 4:10 PM

User image

check out xterra.com - they have some great deals on wetsuits - if they are not on sale then a special offer code can usually be found in Triathlon Canada magazine. I bought my first wetsuit from them for $99 ( sleeveless) I have since upgraded to a sleeved wetsuit which cost me $199 nd I love it! Can't see the point in paying 450 or more for a wetsuit but maybe someone else can enlighten me!

2011-09-01 5:12 PM

User image

Veteran

First off....welcome to BT and congrats on your upcoming Tri.

On top of what has already been mentioned, you could also rent a wetsuit to see what best fits you. Not sure were you are located but I know that Running Free rents suits and also has clearance sales on rentals towards the end of the season ( as in now ) as well...so you can get a pretty good deal there to.

For what it is worth, I have a Blueseventy Reaction, not exactly the top of the line but it meets my needs perfectly...comfortable, pretty cheap and best of all...it floats better than i do Smile

Good luck in your search and upcoming Tri.

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » wetsuit advice Rss Feed