General Discussion Race Reports! » Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Orlando, Florida
United States
Total Time = 2h 32m 13s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Full day of activities before the 10pm race start. The morning was spent at the kids races (great event!) and the afternoon was spent grocery shopping, checking into our hotel, and unpacking. Had to be at the buses at Epcot by 8pm and ended up being a little rushed. So rushed I forgot to take my immodium. Not good.
Event warmup:

There was a DJ playing some dance music for "warm up" but I just chilled. The weeks leading up to our vacation were incredibly hectic so I was glad to be able to just sit, relax, and take it all in.
Run
  • 2h 32m 13s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

Wasn't going for any records. I had been advised to take it in for the experience. First half was uneventful and then I suffered from forgetting my immodium which ended in three potty breaks. The late start effected me about that time too. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. I did enjoy seeing all the characters on course. Got a few pics of myself with them for the heck of it since a PR was not going to happen.
What would you do differently?:

Not forget the immodium.
Post race
Warm down:

Didn't bother with the post race party. I was too tired. Light stretching, shower, bed.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

tummy troubles.

Event comments:

The race was very organized, great pre-race entertainment, plenty of porta-potties pre-race (but not on course, lol), and even pre-race water stands. There was a ton of on course entertainment. Music piped in, live bands, characters, the parks, and lots of park employees cheering you on. No need for an ipod in this race.

The post-race beer was a Bud or Budlight. Yuck. The food bag with a prepackaged bagel and a banana wasn't very appetizing either. Decided not to hit the post race party to be somewhat functional the next day. I went back to the hotel and ate my son's leftover pizza. Much better.

One thing I have to mention is the race t-shirts were HUGE! I ordered a women's medium and it fits my husband better than me. I think its about 3 sizes bigger than the ladies large I got at Timberman. Ha.

Last updated: 2011-02-15 12:00 AM
Running
02:32:13 | 13.1 miles | 11m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: Out of ESPN World of Sports and turned down toward the Animal Kingdom. Through the park, around the parking lot, and back towards Hollywood Studios. Entered Hollywood Studios near the Rockin Roller coaster, ran by Toy Story, Lights, Motors, Action, and exited near the entrance. The course took us along some water, along the Boardwalk and finished at the entrance to Epcot.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-10-11 7:44 AM

User image

Expert
metro west, MA
Subject: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

2011-10-14 12:46 PM
in reply to: #3718867

User image

Expert
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia
Subject: RE: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
Glad you had a good time and you were able to enjoy the course.  I think Disney does a good job of making races an event.  Definitely not a PR opp b/c then you miss all the fun!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Rss Feed