General Discussion Race Reports! » Great Bay 7th Annual Great Bay 5k Halloween Hoot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Great Bay 7th Annual Great Bay 5k Halloween Hoot - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Stratham, New Hampshire
United States
Great Bay Stewards
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 9h 00m
Overall Rank = 208/407
Age Group = 40 - 49
Age Group Rank = 48/72
Run
  • 25m 46s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 17s  min/mile
Post race
Event comments:

Took part in the Great Bay 5K today. My time was 25:46. Not bad as this is a point-to-point course with some rolling hills. I finished 208th out of 477. Within my age group, I finished 48th ouut of 72 - I guess there are a lot of strong middle aged runners! The good news is that I shaved a minute off of my time from last year.

This was one of the first 5Ks I ever did. It definitely helped to have course knowledge, e.g. I knew when to start my "sprint" to the end, knew when to hold back as hills were up ahead, etc.

I had another "sprint to the finish" in this one. Again, a young woman sprinted by me within sight of the finish line. My heart rate was high throughout the race but I thought, "No way is she going to beat me!" I kicked it into high gear (a relative term!) and crossed before her. As I was gathering myself after the race, someone came up from behind me and slapped me in the back. It was her! She was a great sport. She thanked me for helping her to pace herself. She said, "I followed that bright red hat the whole way!" (I wore my Red Sox hat - backwards of course :-) Turns out it was only her 3rd race ever. I shook her hand and said good bye. Next year, she will be 2 minutes in front of me!

Last updated: 2005-11-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:46 | 03.11 miles | 08m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/72
Overall: 0/407
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-11-07 1:20 PM

User image

New Hampshire
Subject: Great Bay 7th Annual Great Bay 5k Halloween Hoot
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Great Bay 7th Annual Great Bay 5k Halloween Hoot Rss Feed