Crescent City Fitness Foundation
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 32m 11s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Well I only entered this race because Laurie was running in it, and I had the day off. I was just going to treat this like another training run and get a t-shirt out of it. That was until my sweet wife starting talking trash via text message the day prior to the race. That pretty much continued up until the race.
Event warmup:

Got out there early since I wasn't registered. Way too early in fact. Walked around with Laurie for awhile in the park. Talked more trash. Looked around at all the destruction in the park from the hurricane. Laughed at the horrible fashion sense of people who run. It must be the fact that we bike and swim that makes us so much more stylish.
Run
  • 32m 11s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 10m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

I only started running again in the last two weeks, and the only running I've ever done in my life was for a few months last year in preparation for my first tri, so my expectations weren't all that high. I told Laurie before the race that I'd be happy going under 35 minutes, so my time was what I was looking for. I got a kick out of passing some members of the New Orleans Track Club along the way. Laughed at a few outfits. I could have run faster, but that wasn't the point of this race for me. Beating my wife was the point of the race. :)
What would you do differently?:

Registered earlier so I could sleep later on my day off.
Post race
Warm down:

Waited for Laurie at the finish line. Yelled a few things (it was encouragement) as she came to the finish line. We talk a lot of trash, but there's not much more rewarding than having a wife who you can train with and race with. Oh yeah, and I beat her.

Had some Abita beer and red beans and rice. I think I had some Gatorade too.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My running.

Event comments:

We had a great time and didn't take it too seriously. We should be doing more like this in the future. A few pictures are in Laurie's (tri_it_cajun_style) race report.

Last updated: 2005-11-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:32:11 | 03.1 miles | 10m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
My HRM's on the fritz.
Course: What Laurie said. We ran around in City Park and finished up in Tad Gormley stadium
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-11-12 3:52 PM

User image

Champion
Subject: Crescent City Fall Classic

2005-11-12 4:28 PM
in reply to: #283445

User image

Expert
McKinney, TX
Subject: RE: Crescent City Fall Classic

Good report, Honey! I'm proud of you!

And I still stand behind my excuse for not beating you!

Edited by tri_it_cajun_style 2005-11-12 4:28 PM
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Crescent City Fall Classic Rss Feed