General Discussion Race Reports! » Feaster Five Thanksgiving Road Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Feaster Five Thanksgiving Road Race - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Andover, Massachusetts
United States
Merrimack Valley Striders
32F / 0C
Precipitation
Total Time = 36m 6s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stood around, did some rudimentary stretching. All that could be done without touching the ground with anything other than my feet.
Run
  • 36m 6s
  • 3.2 miles
  • 11m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

Not a good run. Didn't really prepare that well considering I am a couple weeks off a plantar fasciitis thingy. My goal was to finish. I did that but wasn't nearly where I wanted to be pace wise. I was unprepared for the first mile (all uphill it seemed), and unused to running around people. It was really crowded. Too crowded for a time run, but great for a fun run. The snow didn't help speed any.
What would you do differently?:

Train on hills better, as well as train better beforehand. Not get injured? Sounds fair.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked, stretched, walked, and drank water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training, weather.

Event comments:

Needed a better job helping people out of the parking area. one lane for thousands of cars wasn't even CLOSE to being enough.

Last updated: 2005-11-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:36:06 | 03.2 miles | 11m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2005-11-25 5:27 PM

User image

Elite
Preferably on my bike somewhere
Subject: Feaster Five Thanksgiving Road Race

2005-11-25 6:12 PM
in reply to: #292174

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: Feaster Five Thanksgiving Road Race

Yeah, at races like this we feel more as a gathering than a record-breaking event.  Maybe next tine you might consider hanging out with us for a bit?  We chatted and ate for some 45 min to an hour until the cars cleared.  I arrived home by 10:30am. 

I ran the Corporate Challenge with some 20000 people in the summers so I'm ok running in a crowd.  It's the snow/cold/slippery that hinders me.  I'm afraid of cold-induced asthma.  Good thing joanne let me use her albuterol. 

I hope your foot/leg gets better, and hopefully next time we can have a better race. 

2005-11-25 8:37 PM

Champion
Hey it was fun meeting you DZ...next time we get you to do the 5 miler! Our pace wasn't really much faster, and you'd have our wacky company the whole way! We gotta do this again!

2005-11-26 5:34 AM

Online or Offline

Nice DZ! That was a good pace for a "baby" (was that what you called yourself??), not "just wanna finish" pace!

I don't know what those nuts are talking about....sit in a warm car (although stuck in traffic trying to get out), or stand in the freezing precip in wet clothes drinking mimosas.

.....ok, I see what they were saying. Laughing

Good race especially if you're not used to those hills! You did good coming off an injury as well!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Feaster Five Thanksgiving Road Race Rss Feed