General Discussion Race Reports! » International Thanksgiving Day Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

International Thanksgiving Day Run - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Orem, Utah
United States
Runners Corner/Sojourner's Running Club
37F / 3C
Sunny
Total Time = 27m 30s
Overall Rank = 50/422
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 3/18
Pre-race routine:

Did the kids races with my children. It was fun to watch their excitement as they crossed the finish line!
Event warmup:

No warmup outside of running with the kids (3/4 mile).
Run
  • 27m 30s
  • 4 miles
  • 06m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

I was sick on Monday during a trip to NC, and still wasn't 100%. I ran 2 of the 3 miles at the 6:40 pace that I've been able to hold during training, but had some stomach problems about 1/2 way through. I wasn't disappointed by the run, but feel that I could have probably done close to a minute better on a good day. Still, I improved over last year by close to 5 minutes.
What would you do differently?:

I ran the race as well as I felt I could on that day. I wouldn't change the way I approached or ran it.
Post race
Warm down:

I took a break for a few minutes after the race, then jogged back up the course to meet up with my wife. I ran the last 1/4 mile with her.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Sickness - stomach cramped up 1/2 way through. I had been sick on Monday/Tuesday and wasn't 100% better.

Event comments:

We waited around for about an hour after the race finished, but no results were posted. I found out after the fact that the timing computer crashed, and they lost all of the race data up until 29:45!!! In the end, I have no idea how well I did in this race. The placement that I've put in the race report is based on last year's data on the same course.

I do believe that this was a fluke. The race went off without a hitch last year, and I've always been happy with races put on by the same group.

UPDATE: They did post the final results with times. They must have had the info somewhere, because it looks accurate. I've updated the placements in the race report with this year's info. It looks about the same, except there were about 50 more people overall this year.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2005-11-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:30 | 04 miles | 06m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/18
Overall: 50/422
Performance: Average
Course: The course was almost completely flat. It started at the Orem Rec Center and looped out around the block, then back into the middle of the block.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Bad
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2005-11-25 5:46 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: International Thanksgiving Day Run

2005-11-25 7:02 PM
in reply to: #292179

User image

Expert
Tremonton, Utah
Subject: RE: International Thanksgiving Day Run
Awesome Family -- What a way to start Turkey Day!

Wonderful race for you! And those kids are GREAT!

Good Job!
2005-11-26 8:59 PM

User image

T1
CUTE fam and good job on the race!!
2005-11-27 12:33 AM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Thanks, guys!

My wife and I decided that this is going to be an annual tradition for the family. It's fun to get out together, and the kids have a blast!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » International Thanksgiving Day Run Rss Feed