Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2006-02-18 6:03 PM
in reply to: #320590

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: RE: Explain your nick
I have a litle stuffed bear mascot, about 6 inches tall, that has traveled the world with me, rock climbed, sea kayaked, white water kayaked, hiked, climbed mountains and volcanoes, had dysentery, lost a leg while climbing, had a trauma surgeon sew on a grizzly bear donor leg. He's got out fits for different countries, an Ecuadorian guide gave him a poncho and a corn leaf hat, he's got a mexican sombero & his own rock climbing gear... should I go on?

His name is Adventure Bear!

These are some action shots of him. He always wants to be the center of attention. Me, me me...it's always about adventure bear. He insisted on driving the scooter, but I had to put my feet down every time we stopped because his wouldn't reach the ground. In colorado, he wanted a souvenier photo from a local bike shop, so I had to oblige.

About the only thing we havn't done together is a triathlon!

Edited by AdventureBear 2006-02-18 6:10 PM

(ABColorad.jpg)

(ABHonduras.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
ABColorad.jpg (86KB - 17 downloads)
ABHonduras.jpg (99KB - 17 downloads)

2006-02-18 8:01 PM
in reply to: #346115

User image

Veteran
Rugby, North Dakota
Subject: RE: Explain your nick

Calmdown - 2006-02-14 11:18 PM At work we have a "calmdown" box. (For the special needs kids, no, it's not a box we put them in, it's a box with sensory toys in it.) I was trying to pick a name and the first couple i tried were taken. I was stomping my foot and a co-worker tossed me the calmdown box...thought I'd spread the sentiment...

Oh man, do I need one of those!    

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Explain your nick Rss Feed  

of 7