Age Group = 40 - 44
Age Group Rank = 12/17
Run
  • 25m 22s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 08m 08s  min/mile
Post race
Event comments:

I saw on coolrunning.com that there was a 5K on a Friday evening so I decided to attend the event. I realized during the drive up that last year I had tried to run this one but could not find Commercial St off of exit 15W. I drove for an hour trying to find the race. I did finally find the starting point but only after the race had already started. I guess if you are too stupid to find the race then you do not deserve to run it!

This was a decent event. Lots of volunteers at the starting point and the finish. There was one water station strategically placed so that you could get water at 1 and say 2.4 miles. The course is extremely flat and is a hybrid between road and trail - although the trail is in great condition. Parts of the run were very scenic. You actually run parallel to a stream/small river.

There were a combination of 257 runners and walkers. The only criticism I have is that the start was a mix of walkers and runners so it did negatively impact time. Of course, my time is so slow it is not a big deal but more aggresive runners might not like this start.

A second (much smaller criticism) I have is I indicated that I was a Clydesdale on my registration but it did not show on the final results. Show my stats below are for the 40 - 44 Male age group:

25:22 - average split = 8:10
12th out of 17 in the age group
115th out of 257 overall
I would have ranked 5th among the Clydesdales (there were only 10 registered!)

This was a hard run. It was another of those long short races for me. My legs felt OK but my RPE was high, say, 8 - 9. My average heart rate was 166 - eek! Despite the hard work, I enjoyed this race and look forward to doing it again next year. I was looking for the post race actvities but could not find them. Maybe next year I will get my post-race carbs!

Last updated: 2006-04-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:22 | 03.12 miles | 08m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 12/17
Overall: 115/257
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]