Arthitis Foundation
40F / 4C
Sunny
Total Time = 26m 6s
Overall Rank = 209/991
Age Group = 40 - 49
Age Group Rank = 208/69
Pre-race routine:

Picked up Yvonne, Dud and Kara and headed up to MCC where met up with Mike and Rob. Walked around a bit and wandered over to the start. Debated what to where since I was cold with my extra sweatshirt on, but figured it be too much so I ditched it in the car. Glad I did.
Event warmup:

I did my strength training and an 35 minutes on the trainer before heading up. My ITB was stiff and I wasn't sure what the race was going to bring, so I just walked over and lined up with the crew.
Run
  • 26m 6s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

We were lined up towards the back with Mike, Dud, Rob and I. The girls had gotten away from us and Dud wanted to pace Kara to get her sub 30 so I just hung with them. First mile 9:10 or so, leg had loosened up, Kara had Dud and Mike pacing her so I said to Rob that we should try running faster. I thought he came with me,but he wasn't there when I looked.

Hit the next 2 miles right at 7:45 each and sprinted in to finish. Ran through the chute and across the parking lot and timed it right to catch Kara, Mike and Dud coming around so I finished again with them.
What would you do differently?:

They moved the race this year to MCC and it is a fairly flat course. Definate PR potential as the slight upgrade there is comes in the beginning and it is a slight down grade to finish. So I would like to run this race healthier next year.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and try and find Yvonne, and Rob. Then the group of us all went to Perkins for breakfast.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

ITB healing to slowly.

Event comments:

The do a nice job for the size of the race.

Had a great time with everyone at Perkins post race. We haven't had a chance to do that in a while. Lots of fun catching up with everyone!!

Last updated: 2011-10-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:06 | 03.11 miles | 08m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 28/69
Overall: 2009/991
Performance: Average
Course: Loop around the MCC campus
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-12-04 11:24 AM

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY
Subject: Jingle Bell Run/Walk

2011-12-04 3:43 PM
in reply to: #3925460

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Subject: RE: Jingle Bell Run/Walk
Nice run Ken.  Thanks for driving.  Breakfast was good.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jingle Bell Run/Walk Rss Feed