General Discussion Race Reports! » Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Foreshore Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Foreshore Run - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Williamstown, Victoria
Australia
Sri Chinmoy
18C / 64F
Overcast
Total Time = 58m 28s
Overall Rank = 346/428
Age Group = 18-39
Age Group Rank = 75/117
Pre-race routine:

The closer I live to a race it seems the later I am. After my scooter being blocked in by the car, the requirement for petrol and the inability to park as close as I'd anticipated I was running late.
Event warmup:

I ran about half a km at a decent clip to miss the start by about 2 mins.
Run
  • 58m 28s
  • 10 kms
  • 05m 51s  min/km
Comments:

So essentially I started by playing catch up. Passing those in the bad end of the field. There was another woman doing the same, so I shadowed her, eventually running by her to have a chat. Turns out she'd just had a baby and was feeling a little slow. I had no such excuse. We ran together for a little while but had enough in the tank to keep pushing and lost her at about 4km.

It was windy out and was easy if I didn't concentrate to slow down, or get stuck behind people given the path could be quite narrow at times. My aim was to keep it as close or lower to 5:55/km.
What would you do differently?:

Be on time. I'm not sure my exertion prior to the race start did me any favours.

In the end I was 5 sec off my PB. I'm pretty happy because at this time of year it can be hard to remain focused on training.

There's a 10km on Australia Day - if I get to run, I'll be going for a PB for sure.
Post race
Warm down:

Slow walk back to the car chatting a little more to the woman I ran with at the start of the race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

It's a flat course, but the wind can definitely be a factor if it's blowing, which it was.

Last updated: 2011-11-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:58:28 | 10 kms | 05m 51s  min/km
Age Group: 0/117
Overall: 0/428
Performance: Good
Course: 2 loop course
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-12-11 3:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Foreshore Run

2011-12-11 6:34 PM
in reply to: #3934262

User image

Veteran
Melbourne
Subject: RE: Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Foreshore Run

Great effort Casie, especially as you were running late.  At least you got a good warmup in

Are the lost 5 seconds recovered by you starting 2 minutes late, or is that already taken into account?

Might have to look into one of these races as something different to do!

PB next time, for sure!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Foreshore Run Rss Feed