BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEBEAST'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 61

2011-12-20 11:46 AM
in reply to: #3942391

Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!!!

Name: Vanessa - almost 43 

Story: I am a homeschooling mom and I spend most of my day sitting or driving. I have always wanted to do a triathlon but I haven't been able to fit it into my life. About a month ago my hubby got us a membership at a pool. I hadn't done any swimming since I was a kid but I started swimming as often as possible and I realized that I will be able to train for a triathlon if I get up early enough.

Family Status: 4 kids, ages: 9,12,15,18.  

Current Training: Lots of swimming because I love it and I am trying to ease into biking and running.

2012 Races: I would really like to do the olympic race at Quassy in June

Weightloss: Maybe 5 lbs but I don't plan to do anything special to lose it. It would be a nice surprise.  

2011-12-20 12:45 PM
in reply to: #3946063

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

I love all the new bios!!  Fresh meat, ha ha!!  Just kidding... we've lost Mikeylee, I guess he signed up for 2 mentor groups and decided the other was a better fit for him, no offense taken. 

Janet MQ (our original Janet, AKA Marathon Queen)... I'm not quite ready to do the new list, waiting to see which MMMers will be back for real.  And with it being the holidays, it might not be set in stone till New Years's... hate to make a list that's gonna keep changing, but it's coming for sure!  In the meantime, you can add the newbies as friends.

I got around to check everyone's logs today... I'm pretty good at checking on everyone daily, so just know that Big Brother (aka HILDE) will be checking on you!  Usually very early in the morning, so you might not get an inspire on a workout until the next day.  It's VERY important that you use the BT logs, which most of you already are... that's the only way to see what you are doing, your paces and such.  It's also a very cool way to go back at the end of the season and see how much you improved... go back a few years and you'll inspire even yourself!

Kristen and Suzanne... I couldn't access your logs because you have to add me as a friend!!  Please do that for me!  You'll eventually want to add everyone else in the MMMers so you can get all those friendly inspires that will keep you going.  Let me know if you need any help dealing with the technical side of the website.

I am giving everyone a "hall pass" until Jan 2nd... eat, play, be merry, do what feels good.  Get in whatever training you would like, but this is the time to be slovenly... I know my New Year's resolution is to get back on a consistent training schedule AND work on losing the weight.  This mentor period from Jan-March is really working on base building because there won't be many races going on, at least tri races.  Get out there and work on all 3 if possible, I especially work on my weakness which for me is the run... actually it's probably the bike since I've been off it so long!  Just log miles/yards, be aware of swim technique, bike cadence, easy running and just get your body used to doing all three.  I like to get in 3 days of each, every week, more bike and run if I can fit it in... which means double days, a workout in the morning before school and another after.  If you are working towards Sprint distance only and are not looking to be competitive in your age group and just finish, of course you can do less.  You don't want to do so much that it takes DAYS to recover, but push yourself a bit too, your body WILL adapt.  If you are working towards a HIM or IM, you probably already have a plan picked out and if it starts this early, then by all means go for it!

Please, ANY questions or concerns you have... send them to me in an inspire or a Personal Message (PM) or post them here where everyone can benefit (unless it's a perverted personal problem, WILSON, keep those to yourself, LOL).  Share, share, share, and we ALL can learn from each other. 

I am so excited to be starting another mentor group!  Love my oldies and already loving my newbies!!

sdf

2011-12-20 2:12 PM

Hilde,

I just saw your group and was interested in signing up yesterday when I got distracted with work (boo!)  and when I came back today, I see that you are closed already Surprised.   I also noticed you just lost a person, so if you are looking for an alternate, I would love to be in your group.  Your group sounds perfect as I've been slacking and need a little kick in the butt and some accountability to stay motivated. 

Please let me know if it's possible to be a part of your awesome group.

Thanks!

-Kelly

2011-12-20 2:50 PM
in reply to: #3946389

User image

Extreme Veteran
Oh no! First we have 2 Tammys, now 2 Janets and 2 Turtles? How are we going to keep everyone straight? Maybe I should be Tortoise, since the desert is my habitat...

Edited by tstl 2011-12-20 2:51 PM
2011-12-20 3:01 PM
in reply to: #3946464

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

No Tammy Turtle, I think you should be "Tammy DQ" for DONUT QUEEN!! 

sd

Kelly, yes I will add you to the group!  I knew we would fill up fast, after all MMMers are the coolest triathletes! 

Edited by hildekq 2011-12-20 3:09 PM
2011-12-20 9:11 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Name:  Wilson Silverthorne (wsilverthorne)

Story:  I started my journey two seasons ago after being released from jail...Hilde saw me on the streets and felt bad for a big ole fat boy!!!  So she invited me into her cult (group)...of which I've mostly been a member in good standing.  She has verbally and physically abused me and forced me into doing bad things to my body...I've been forced to lose weight......lower my heart rate....have awesome blood work....get faster....get more endurance....and most of all - she and the MMMers have put a smile on my face so many times I can't count!!!  This group has been so inspirational and kept me accountable when i may not have had the strength to do it myself.  I'm working my prep plan for season 3 right now....the grand finale for season three will be a HIM in August.  If you would have told me 2 years ago that I'd be saying that...I would have thought you were nuts and punched you in the mouth..hahah LMAO...  Hilde has threatened to kick me off her list many many times....I promised that for season 3 I'd be really really good (ssshhhhh...don't tell her, but there is no way in he11 I can be good)  I especially promised that I wouldn't scare the "newbies" away....So I will have to ease the new group into my logical thinking patterns....don't worry...it'll all make sense in a few months.....

Family Status:  I have a family...thank GOD!!!!  And I thought for the longest time I was spawn from a test tube..whew!!!  I'm 40 years old with 3 wonderful blessings from the man above!!  Twin girls 5 years old and my little 7 year old man!  My old lady has put up with me for nearly 22 years....yep...I've had her chained to the basement wall that long!!!

Current Training:  I'm currently working two sequential BT plans that will make up 38 weeks of training for a HIM in August.  The combination of SBR will be mount Everest for me....The swim is the biggest mental block...the run is probably the biggest physical block for me...I need to lose another 38lbs so I can race at 190ish lbs......That is the only way I will respectably survive 70.3 miles.  That would make a total weight loss of 110lbs for me...that would be very awesome!!!

2011 Races:  I had some coughing blood health issues during a good part of the early season...so I only got 2 sprints completed and one 5k....I did a ton better than 2010...so major improvement.  The biggest lessoned learned was to train smart....listen to your body and don't go out and kill it when you don't have the volume foundation under you!!!  That's why I'm really trying to be smart this next season...I hate to be sidelined...worse than anything.

2012 Races:  Of course the August Steelhead HIM - one Oly before the HIM - a HM in may - a few 5,10k's - and a few Sprints sprinkled in - however they will fit into my final 20 weeks of training....

Other info:  I love to have fun...joke...make light of things but...I also like to work hard and get better...my only competition is myself and how hard I can push my limits!!!!  I also love to cheer on my peeps!!!  I do spend a bit of time on here...learning, listening and trying to inspire others...So If Hilde allows me another go around...be prepared to see inspires and blog posts from me!!!!!  and just for the record...I'm pretty F'd up!!! haha

2011-12-20 9:51 PM
in reply to: #3946180

Extreme Veteran

Added you today. You'll probably see my workouts first thing since I'm in front time wise and tend to do them in the afternoon.

Today's workout was a run/walk (very slow but it's explained why in the comments section) and some push ups.

2011-12-20 10:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL

NAME:  Peggy

STORY:  Hi everyone!  I'm Peggy and I'm another crazy person who loves triathlon.  This will be my 3rd season.  I started three years ago after having lost 60 lbs and being motivated by a relative with the question, "what are your fitness goals?"  She knew my weight loss goals and the fact that I was working out to lose weight.  Started me thinking about maybe doing a triathlon.  The problem was that I've NEVER been a runner.  Started from scratch, not being able to run for more than 1 minute at a time!  Now I'm training for my first marathon in Feb.  Still working on the run as it continues to be my weak point.  Swam in high school so the swimming comes easy for me.  Moved up in my race category this year and am now in the 55-59 age group.

FAMILY STATUS:   Married with 3 children and 3 grandchildren.  My oldest son and daughter both got into triathlons with me last year and my youngest son hopes to do one this year.  I work as an 8th grade science teacher so I really need the training to work off my stress!

CURRENT TRAINING:  Training for my first marathon in Feb.  Did the same race last year only a half.  Am mulling over a half iron distance race in April, but haven't fully committed.  I'd like to ramp up my bike training this year.  Hoping for a trainer for Christmas.

WEIGHT LOSS:  Would really like to lose 20 pounds.  I gained about 15 lbs  back from my original weight loss and would like to lose that plus 5 more.  Maybe that would help me get a wee bit faster. 

I've been with this group since I started racing in 2010.  This year will be my third tri season.

2011-12-20 10:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Hilde, I know you have probably received lots of PM from MMMers....begging you to NOT let me back in......But PPLLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE - I promise to be good....make my bed....and floss!!!  I think you have much more to worry about with Turtle and Alex....they are drifting positively to the "not quite right in the head" area!!!!  All that IM talk..haha
2011-12-20 10:47 PM
in reply to: #3946464

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

tstl - 2011-12-20 3:50 PM Oh no! First we have 2 Tammys, now 2 Janets and 2 Turtles? How are we going to keep everyone straight? Maybe I should be Tortoise, since the desert is my habitat...

Turtle....you are just Turtle......we can't change it....not now...how would I cope with that loss????? It's all about me here...LMAO....Although Hilde's DQ was pretty good....since you are the DQ travelogist!!!

Have you found a century to ride yet...that won't kill you in base height?? haha...and I was ready to join you for that one!!

2011-12-21 2:58 AM

Extreme Veteran

Welcome to the group every one.

I'll look at adding you once Hilde puts  up the list - be warned though - if you don't post any log stuff for a month I tend to dump.

2011-12-21 4:59 AM
in reply to: #3947251

User image

Regular

Hi Suzie-WELCOME to you down-under. Wow that's just a little south of Wisconsin. You have quite a story with a heart transplant at such a young age....now that's inspiring.

You need to "friend" all of us nutty people...otherwise we can not "inspire" you. I don't know what Wilson calls it these days-perhaps call it abuse.

2011-12-21 5:16 AM
in reply to: #3947288

Extreme Veteran
joes - 2011-12-21 4:59 AM

Hi Suzie-WELCOME to you down-under. Wow that's just a little south of Wisconsin. You have quite a story with a heart transplant at such a young age....now that's inspiring.

You need to "friend" all of us nutty people...otherwise we can not "inspire"

you. I don't know what Wilson calls it these days-perhaps call it abuse.

Yes that's definitely "a little south of wisconsin" although I'm totally sure where exactly that is since my US geography is useless - I mostly know North from South thanks to my interest in the Civil war - reenactment and all,lol

I've already stated that I'll friend people when Hilde puts up a list - I need something I can work off.

As for the transplant I was actually one of the older ones at the hospital I got it at (a kids hospital) since there were "baby babies" (less that 6 months old - that's my term for them anyway) there too - not sure if they were in for transplants or open heart surgery though - I know I met a kid who got one at roughly 3-6 months once when she was older - which was usually because they were born with a hole in the heart.

2011-12-21 5:29 AM

Extreme Veteran
Ok all added to friends list. Now I'm off to check your logs
2011-12-21 7:34 AM

I am having a little trouble with the training log because I want to record distance rather than time. Is it possible to do that? I haven't been paying any attention to my times so the numbers that I have put in are completely random.
2011-12-21 7:36 AM

User image

Veteran
South Shore, MA

Ok, I think I have everyone added to my "friends" list, so you all should be able to see my training logs now. 

And I have to confess, I'm officially scared of this group.  You all sound like ANIMALS!  Just what I need...

2011-12-21 7:50 AM
in reply to: #3947439

Extreme Veteran
Vera - you usually have an option - it has time and distance - I usually go by time and then workout distance to get pace/speed - you could do simalar or just ignore the time altogether.
2011-12-21 9:26 AM
in reply to: #3947251

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
suzielea - 2011-12-21 2:58 AM

Welcome to the group every one.

I'll look at adding you once Hilde puts  up the list - be warned though - if you don't post any log stuff for a month I tend to dump.

Aaah, yes, Suzie and I are going to be fast friends, I'm the same way, mentor or not!!  I like to keep a nice uncluttered friends list...

2011-12-21 9:32 AM
in reply to: #3947644

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Wilson, my man friend with the oh, so sexy legs, of COURSE you are welcome to the group, it wouldn't be the same without you! 

Everyone, Wilson is not quite right in the head, so be forewarned.  We tend to just humor him, like an old drunk behind the convenience store, smile and look the other way... but in all truthfulness the man trains HARD and will be your biggest cheerleader!!  We were blessed the day he became an MMMer!  And he hosts a pretty mean party too... oops, what happens in Indy, stays in Indy!

It's looking like pretty much everyone has checked in, there are a couple that I know want to remain MMMers and I'll get after them, but I will post a list for us all later today.

2011-12-21 9:39 AM
in reply to: #3947439

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Vera - 2011-12-21 7:34 AM I am having a little trouble with the training log because I want to record distance rather than time. Is it possible to do that? I haven't been paying any attention to my times so the numbers that I have put in are completely random.

I'm not sure I understand your question Vanessa... oh and can you add us all as friends, we can't see your log right now until you do!  When you open up your training log there are boxes for time and distance, just enter the distance.  I believe the graphs on the left only record time though, so if you don't enter a time you won't see those columns grow.  If you want a fabulous training tool, look into a Garmin forerunner 305  GPS, you can set your own laps for data purposes and it also works on your bike.  I would highly recommend getting the quick release kit which will include a velcro strap to wear as a watch and the watch will quickly clip in and out, and also comes with a snap in mount for your bike, although you might have to get a little creative getting on there. 

2011-12-21 10:25 AM

User image

Hendricks County
Hey Hilde! Still in...stay posted for the bio...computer is with the geek squad at the moment!NAME: Brizzadd, Brad STORY:  Heya! I started training (lightly) late in 2010 and had my first sprint (in which I was grossly unprepared). Since then I had a minor set back via a lovely car accident, fell out of the scene for 9 months...and just started training back up in May this year. I can't remember the details of stumbling into the triathalon world but Wilson planted the seed and my goal to get back to the active lifestyle watered it. I was very active in sports my entire life, and then college happened...followed by work...a number of years later, 2010, I decided to get back in shape prior to hitting 30!!! Time to get in gear! FAMILY STATUS: SingleCURRENT TRAINING: Currently swagging it, getting in workouts when I can. Need a good dose of OCD to get back into a tighter workout routine. Plan to hit the pool and the bike trainer for the winter, run when possible. THIS YEAR'S RACES: Had a fairly light 2011 compared to the majority of the MMM clan. Did a sprint tri and my first 5k. 2012 RACES:  I don't have a plan just yet but hope to do at least two sprints, one 5k, one 10k, and train hard for a half marathon in 2013. WEIGHTLOSS: Currently down ~30 lbs since this past winter, looking to push it another 20 lbs for 2012.

Edited by brizzadd 2011-12-21 10:50 AM

2011-12-21 2:10 PM
in reply to: #3947800

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
What Brad failed to comment on is that he has GREAT hair and can put away quite a few gin and tonics when pushed to it....
2011-12-21 2:29 PM
in reply to: #3948361

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

The Fabulous MMMer Group!

arquillo - Michelle
brizzadd - Brad
erinrockrun - Erin
hildekq - Hilde
hoffsquared - Melanie
jcarmody - Janet
JenMcConnell - Jen
joes - Joe
kpringle - Kristen
lounav - Louise
peggyf - Peggy
soccermom15 - Janet
sulcus - Shawn
tstl - Tammy
TTucker - Tammy
wrkinprogress - Alex
wsilverthorne - Wilson
bunsy - Margaret
rustymom - Andrea
suzielea - Suzie
Turtle who Tris - Kelly
Vera - Vanessa

If there are former MMMers who are not on the list, I didn't know if you were still interested in remaining part of the group.  Of course, you are welcome to stay with us!!  Just let me know and I'll add you!

Edit:  forgot to add that you can cut and paste this list to your Dashboard, each name is linked to that person's training log, OR you can add each as a friend to your friend's list and access their logs that way too...

Edited by hildekq 2011-12-21 2:32 PM
2011-12-21 2:57 PM

User image

New user
KY
Hi, all.  Just wanted to touch base and say I'm thrilled to see I made the cut.  My husband and I are out of town with family until the 27th, so I probably won't be too active online until then.  The training this week will be trying to get the legs used to light running after 7 weeks of stress fracture down time.  Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone and seeing what happens with this group!  I hope everyone has a great Christmas week!!!
2011-12-21 3:45 PM
in reply to: #3947442

Extreme Veteran
kpringle - 2011-12-21 7:36 AM

Ok, I think I have everyone added to my "friends" list, so you all should be able to see my training logs now. 

And I have to confess, I'm officially scared of this group.  You all sound like ANIMALS!  Just what I need...

I'm only a penguin or turtle right now but animal is still good.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEBEAST'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!!! Rss Feed  

of 61