BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Jac's Group - The water is warm, join us! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 19

2012-05-04 10:39 AM
in reply to: #3947226

User image

Eastern Washington
Subject: RE: Jac's Group - The water is warm, join us!

These months seem to fly by.  My oldest daughter turns 17 next month and is starting driver's ed next week and will graduate high school next year.  My youngest will be 16 this year and already has big plans for her sophomore year.  Too fast...it goes too fast.  PB, when you said your race is in 36 days, it kind of made me think about how time just flies as we get older.  It sounds like you have good, attainable goals before the big day, so keep it up!

Tri, I think it's great that your family supports you the way they do.  I don't have that aspect and in some ways, that's what affected my decision to postpone for a while.  I want my family to be excited for me and the goals I have for myself, but there isn't a lot there right now, so I'm going to wait until I have a little something more in the area of support.  It makes it more enjoyable for me, too.  I'm still working out and I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained any more weight.  I'm still losing inches and I can see a big difference in my legs and arms, so that keeps me going, too.

I'll post my results this coming Monday.  Probably won't be posting this weekend, so I hope the both of you have a great weekend and continue with the fantastic training.  I did walk again last night but I didn't push myself as hard as I should have.  I'm going to walk again tonight and then take tomorrow off.

Have a great weekend, everybody-be safe and enjoy good food, family and friends!!

2012-05-04 2:49 PM
in reply to: #4189871

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
Paper Boy - 2012-05-04 2:24 AM

My race is June 10th in Grand Rapids Michigan, so I've got 36 training days left, 6 pounds to lose for my goal race weight, 150 anything, don't care if it 159.9 or 150.0, this would be a big accomplishment as I've only ever kissed the 150's once before couple years back.

I would love to out of the water in 60min, ride for 3.5 hours and run it in 2.5, so 7 hours hafe iropn distance goal.      I love race reports, so shoot me yours after the big walk.

Was thinking of you Tri - this morning during my run, different mantas poping into my head -I would say " Fast short strides" than count to 8 foot steps, "fast long strides" than 8 foot steps.   When I read running stuff they say to practice long strides,  honestly my mind can't stay focused on anything to long but the idea is "I believe"  your not breathing any harder and trying to keep the same foot cadence, than start reaching alittle on your strides while keeping that cadence, now in my training plan it said to do strides for 20 min or 30 min which I have not done very well and just end up running normal after 5 mins.  But breaking this up this morning worked well for me.   When I did my matathon, I just ran for 18 miles and than bonked.  run walk the rest of the way in, leg and feet hurt so much,   when you change your stride you use different muscles and more of the entire leg so you can run longer and faster.  So when you do your next long run try to mix up your cadence and you may see a improved time.

Going to Silver lake sand dunes to see family, sister in from texas, so we'll chill out on the deck and visit all day.  Weather looks good for it. - Mexican menu and cold beer :>  it been awhile since I had a beer!

Have a great weekend all

Bill

Thanks for the tip! I'll  try that on my next long run...I get confused on all the information on running that I've seen online...some say to just do sort of a shuffle? which is kinda what I look like...short strides. When I try to extend my stride I get tired fast, so i've been sticking to my shuffle. But, I'll experiment and see how it feels. My short run was strong yesterday...about 2 miles...I'm hoping I can feel strong like that at 3 miles by the end of this month..

6 pounds to go? YOU CAN DO IT!! I'm 150 and still trying to get to 145...the last 5 pounds are soooooo hard! 

Have a great time with your family! and enjoy that beer!

2012-05-04 2:58 PM
in reply to: #4190410

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
seoulgirl39 - 2012-05-04 5:39 AM

These months seem to fly by.  My oldest daughter turns 17 next month and is starting driver's ed next week and will graduate high school next year.  My youngest will be 16 this year and already has big plans for her sophomore year.  Too fast...it goes too fast.  PB, when you said your race is in 36 days, it kind of made me think about how time just flies as we get older.  It sounds like you have good, attainable goals before the big day, so keep it up!

Tri, I think it's great that your family supports you the way they do.  I don't have that aspect and in some ways, that's what affected my decision to postpone for a while.  I want my family to be excited for me and the goals I have for myself, but there isn't a lot there right now, so I'm going to wait until I have a little something more in the area of support.  It makes it more enjoyable for me, too.  I'm still working out and I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained any more weight.  I'm still losing inches and I can see a big difference in my legs and arms, so that keeps me going, too.

I'll post my results this coming Monday.  Probably won't be posting this weekend, so I hope the both of you have a great weekend and continue with the fantastic training.  I did walk again last night but I didn't push myself as hard as I should have.  I'm going to walk again tonight and then take tomorrow off.

Have a great weekend, everybody-be safe and enjoy good food, family and friends!!

It sure does fly by! My kids are younger 10 and 5. My 5 year old loves when I do planks and other yoga poses  cause he likes to crawl under me and climb on top of me....I'm the mommy jungle gym! My girl tries to do that too but she's too big. I didn't always have the support I do now....it took awhile for my husband to realize that his support was very important to me...he felt I was being selfish at first, but now I think he sees how healthy and positive it is for me to go after goals like this triathlon. I hope it all works out for you in the future and you get the support you need from your family:-)

good luck this weekend!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Aloha everyone!

2012-05-07 6:20 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan

Not much to report today, missed the rain - always good, cleaned my bike Sunday after 5 hours of yard work!  The yard is done except for the garden - BIG check mark on the honey dew list:>.

Super great visit w/ family - a few to many beers this weekend, I really took that recovery week thing alittle to far, but today I'm back on track and looking forward to my long run tonight.  10 miles will be MINE!  Busy week at work - but feeling refreshed and ready to kick some butt.

Have a super Monday

2012-05-07 2:24 PM

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii

Well I had an eventful training weekend....I'm still kinda in shock. So I did a brick on the same road my triathlon will be on which was nice. I got a good feel for the road and my legs seemed to be pretty strong. Did a short run right after the 10 mile bike and of course that felt weird, but my legs adjusted fine. The problem seems to be more my breathing, not my legs. I had to stop at a half mile because my chest was tight. Anyway, I decided to jump in the ocean to loosen up and try out my new aquasphere kayenne goggles. 

So I'm swimming in front of my parents beach house...which I do all the time, I grew up here and learned to swim at 4 in these waters. I usually swim about 500 yards to the right and back, only about 10-20 yards off shore. I swam for a little while and was amazed with how panaramic my goggles were! So cool! But I got tired fast because of my brick so I decided to cut it short and turn around and head back. I'm standing on the reef about 10 yards out and there are a couple of people on the beach to my left pointing at the water where I just swam back from. I figured they're looking at turtles. When I get out of the water and walk up to my parents deck, my husband and dad were watching the guys on the beach. Suddenly, we see a HUGE dorsal fin and tail stick out of the water not even 10 yards from the shore!!!!

We all saw it.....my dad and husband said it was about 8-10 feet. We're not sure what kind of shark but it was fairly big. We found out later there were actually 2 of them and they probably came in close to shore to feed on turtles. I was oblivious to them the whole time but they were right around me. 

So I'm back to the pool this week! LOL!! I don't like sharks and snakes...

I'm happy to be alive!!! Happy training this week!

2012-05-08 10:19 AM

User image

Eastern Washington

Hi all!!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was enjoying my day off!!    Sharks!!  Yeeeeaaahhh, just another reason why I have a phobia of swimming in the ocean-and open water.  Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.  I guess you can't really think about it all of the time or you would never get in the water.  Sheesh, crazy!!  At least it sounds like you had a great workout weekend!

I finished the 7.46 course in 2hrs and 20 mins, all walking.  Next year I'm hoping to walk/run it a bit.  My boss went with me and she's 12 years old than I am, so I didn't try to run at all this year.  Plus, with it being my first time, I wanted to pay attention to the course.  Lots of people, too!  I mean, lots!  They recorded over 47,000 people that participated in the race this year.  It was fun, though and I'm not even sore.  I relaxed the rest of Sunday and put my feet up, didn't do any exercise yesterday, ate like crap but overall, it was a great weekend.

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week!  I will be hitting the gym later tonight and do some bike riding.  I think it's time to start back up with some weight training, too.  I also think I'm going to start walking outside with my youngest Dobie.  It will be good training for the both of us.

PB-sounds like you had a great weekend, too.  Nothing wrong with enjoying your recovery time!!  lol

Talk with you guys, soon!

2012-05-08 10:20 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan

Very coooooool - the biggest thing I worry about are the city scunks!  One day I'll be riding along and bam I'm going to get nailed, I just know it.  I never used to worry to much as my old MTB was very noisie and creaky - now that baby is shiney and well greased, and quite! so no more warning for the scunks to get out of my way.   lol

Kinda blue today - no long run and no fencing - I crashed and went to bed.  The garden work must have done me in, I'm going with a mantra just to get through my day - get me out of this funk!!!

YOU ARE STRONG - YOU ARE POWERFUL - YOU ARE LEAN - YOU GOT THIS!

have a super day - and watch out for snicker bars in the pool...lolll   lolc    loll   lol - love caddy shack!  lol lol baghahahahahah

2012-05-08 3:05 PM
in reply to: #4197217

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
seoulgirl39 - 2012-05-08 5:19 AM

Hi all!!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was enjoying my day off!!    Sharks!!  Yeeeeaaahhh, just another reason why I have a phobia of swimming in the ocean-and open water.  Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.  I guess you can't really think about it all of the time or you would never get in the water.  Sheesh, crazy!!  At least it sounds like you had a great workout weekend!

I finished the 7.46 course in 2hrs and 20 mins, all walking.  Next year I'm hoping to walk/run it a bit.  My boss went with me and she's 12 years old than I am, so I didn't try to run at all this year.  Plus, with it being my first time, I wanted to pay attention to the course.  Lots of people, too!  I mean, lots!  They recorded over 47,000 people that participated in the race this year.  It was fun, though and I'm not even sore.  I relaxed the rest of Sunday and put my feet up, didn't do any exercise yesterday, ate like crap but overall, it was a great weekend.

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week!  I will be hitting the gym later tonight and do some bike riding.  I think it's time to start back up with some weight training, too.  I also think I'm going to start walking outside with my youngest Dobie.  It will be good training for the both of us.

PB-sounds like you had a great weekend, too.  Nothing wrong with enjoying your recovery time!!  lol

Talk with you guys, soon!

Great Job Seoulgirl! That's a lot of people...sounds like you had a lot of fun...and not even sore the next day! 

2012-05-08 3:28 PM
in reply to: #4197224

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
Paper Boy - 2012-05-08 5:20 AM

have a super day - and watch out for snicker bars in the pool...lolll   lolc    loll   lol - love caddy shack!  lol lol baghahahahahah

snicker bars in the pool!!! LOL!!!!

Hang in there!! YOU ARE STRONG!!! YOU GOT IT!!! You just needed a rest:-)

2012-05-09 7:20 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan

Good job Soelgirl - that is a long walk - and I'm sure your boss apprietated the company.  :Brownie Points" - you go get that gym and today start checking out some fall races, We still have alot of summer left and great weather ahead of us.  Your doggie will love those walks and than in time run walks.  Remember -  hot girl + big dog = hot hot hot

So I added a few more houses to the bike route - When I drive the car portion of the route - I try to only move forward -"the plan"  of corse I turn around some and still go into driveways but last summer I really did a good job riding my bike to all my houses that I must get out - and keep the car for prepping my route bags w/ papers and moving forward.  Well last fall for some reason I took a large section out and started driveing it again.  No clue why - just got lazy I guess.  SO ANYWAYS - I started adding these house back into the bike portion, i thought I would add alittle time to the morning but surprise!  It was quicker this morning w/ a extra mile of riding.  This makes me want more!  I always new the bike is faster w/ the proper prep work - but I was done 10 min faster than normal.  So quick in fact I was done before 6am.  You know what means - yup I went swimming and feel like a million bucks.

So B- 10 miles run 2 and swam 1100m - Wednesday is off to a great start!

Have a super day all

PB

2012-05-09 1:38 PM
in reply to: #4199144

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
Paper Boy - 2012-05-09 2:20 AM

So I added a few more houses to the bike route - When I drive the car portion of the route - I try to only move forward -"the plan"  of corse I turn around some and still go into driveways but last summer I really did a good job riding my bike to all my houses that I must get out - and keep the car for prepping my route bags w/ papers and moving forward.  Well last fall for some reason I took a large section out and started driveing it again.  No clue why - just got lazy I guess.  SO ANYWAYS - I started adding these house back into the bike portion, i thought I would add alittle time to the morning but surprise!  It was quicker this morning w/ a extra mile of riding.  This makes me want more!  I always new the bike is faster w/ the proper prep work - but I was done 10 min faster than normal.  So quick in fact I was done before 6am.  You know what means - yup I went swimming and feel like a million bucks.

So B- 10 miles run 2 and swam 1100m - Wednesday is off to a great start!

Have a super day all

PB

Great report PB! I'm glad you're wednesday is off to a great start! Nice to see progress in the times. Sounds like the rest did your body some good and you're feeling strong! KEEP IT UP!! AWESOME REPORT!

Edited by TriMoTri 2012-05-09 1:40 PM

2012-05-09 1:49 PM

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii

I did my short run yesterday...about 25 minutes and it felt good. I seem to have lost my garmin watch somewhere so I'm not exactly sure how far I went..probably 2.5 miles, i'm guessing. My legs are always strong during my runs but it's my chest that starts getting tight and my breathing a little labored around this point. I know I'm improving and I just need to keep training, but I'm getting nervous since I only have about 4-5 weeks left to train. I'm wondering if I should add in another run workout during the week? I'm already doing 2 a week, one long, one short. Should I add in a medium and try to build more volume? I'm on the couch to sprint free training plan which is balanced. My sprint is a 5k run so i'd feel comfortable being able to run 3 miles with minimal breathing strain by June 17th. 

Any advice? My knees are holding up amazingly well..I stretch all the time to prevent injury..

thanks for any tips and happy training!

2012-05-10 8:49 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan

Yes by all means add another run or two.  Keep them short - 20 min.  When I started off the tight chest thing was a issue but the more I ran the more it went away, so your legs and knee are ready to race - now get your lungs on board and you'll be all set.  Plus those extra runs will make those last 5#'s melt off.  Can't beat a run to burn calories.

Later all super busy day

2012-05-10 1:27 PM

User image

Eastern Washington

I'm glad PB tackled that question about the tightness in the chest, because I know nothing about that.  I'm still trying to get my running up to speed.  I couldn't take Max out walking last night because it was soooo windy, but I did walk 15mins to meet my friend for dinner.  Not the amount of exercise I need, but it was something other than sitting at the desk.

I'm going to try and take Max walking tonight.  He seemed to really enjoy it and it's good to be outside.  The local pool will be opening in a couple of weeks and I'll get back to swimming.  I also have a friend working on building me a bike and hopefully it will be done before summer is over and I'll get to ride it, but in the meantime, I'm piecing a bike together with a couple of old mountain bikes from my dad's garage.  A seat here, handlebars there...you know!

Anyway, this week has flown by-can't believe tomorrow is Friday already, but happy for the upcoming weekend.  I'm going to get back on the training circuit next week; I've kind of cut back and am feeling the drag. 

Hope you guys have a great Thursday and keep up the great work with your training!!!

2012-05-10 2:15 PM
in reply to: #4201850

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
Paper Boy - 2012-05-10 3:49 AM

Yes by all means add another run or two.  Keep them short - 20 min.  When I started off the tight chest thing was a issue but the more I ran the more it went away, so your legs and knee are ready to race - now get your lungs on board and you'll be all set.  Plus those extra runs will make those last 5#'s melt off.  Can't beat a run to burn calories.

Later all super busy day

Okay, I'll add some more running sessions in this week. Thanks for your help!

2012-05-10 2:20 PM
in reply to: #4202703

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
seoulgirl39 - 2012-05-10 8:27 AM

I'm glad PB tackled that question about the tightness in the chest, because I know nothing about that.  I'm still trying to get my running up to speed.  I couldn't take Max out walking last night because it was soooo windy, but I did walk 15mins to meet my friend for dinner.  Not the amount of exercise I need, but it was something other than sitting at the desk.

I'm going to try and take Max walking tonight.  He seemed to really enjoy it and it's good to be outside.  The local pool will be opening in a couple of weeks and I'll get back to swimming.  I also have a friend working on building me a bike and hopefully it will be done before summer is over and I'll get to ride it, but in the meantime, I'm piecing a bike together with a couple of old mountain bikes from my dad's garage.  A seat here, handlebars there...you know!

Anyway, this week has flown by-can't believe tomorrow is Friday already, but happy for the upcoming weekend.  I'm going to get back on the training circuit next week; I've kind of cut back and am feeling the drag. 

Hope you guys have a great Thursday and keep up the great work with your training!!!

Thanks for the update! hope you're arm is all healed by now? I'm glad to hear you'll be back on the training circuit next week! yea, I feel the drag if I miss a workout too...Happy walking to you and Max!

2012-05-10 2:27 PM

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii

Swam 2000 yards last night at the pool. Felt really good. I tried to focus on my catch/pull....after watching swim videos on youtube, I realized how I'm missing a lot of power in the stroke cause I don't use my lats much, I'm all shoulder. This is probably why I needed shoulder rotator cuff surgery last year. I've been a life long swimmer but can see now how off my technique is...oh well, I know its not the time to start changing my stroke but I'll definitely work on it after my race this summer. When I focused on using more of my lats and core...I feel the tightness/soreness the next day more where I should be feeling it after a workout. I can maintain proper form for about 200 yards, then I get fatigued and fall back to my normal stroke! lol!

overall, great workout though! Hope you both have a great thursday!

2012-05-11 7:18 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan

What a week this has been, sooo happy it is friday.

Just looked at my yearly totals - 35 miles togo and I'll hit 1000 miles rode - 9 miles away from 300 running and a few hundred yards swimming for 20000.  Feeling like a machine!  I really don't have a grand total of miles for each just to beat last year, I'm on my way - in fact I've already swam more than last year.  That is trully the area I feel the weakest.

Good luck w/ building that MTB - whenever I try that stuff things never match up just right and I'm no fixer if you no what I mean.   Get it done and ride that beast!

Bunny hops improving - You Tube said I always need to jump something to pratice, I've got good distance just not much height. - I set up some cans (no not beer cans) in my drive way.  What the neighbors must think.... lol

Run run run it is the only thing I can say about the tight chest thing - IT DOES GO AWAY  just keep at it. keep it light and easy - soon you will realize we are endurance athletes - long and slow w/ a slightly raised heart beat is our goal. Zone 2 or 3 tops is 85% of our training.  We are not sprinters, we are completers!  And we will complete our training and races w/ style...most people have no clue at what we acomplish every training day.  Head up. Chest out.  Bad A$$ triathlete coming through - oh ya baby.  Don't you forget it!

I wish you all a safe and wonderful weekend!

PB

2012-05-11 10:41 AM

User image

Eastern Washington

You guys are really cool!  I enjoy reading your posts-they brighten my day and keep me motivated!  Yes, Tri, my arm is all healed but I haven't been to the pool since the injury.  Some of it was the injury and some of it was the gas it was taking to get there.  I am anxious to start swimming again Memorial Day weekend.  I'm going to buy my season pass to the local pool and then I'll start swimming in the evenings after work.  I think I'm going to start taking Max for a morning walk and then swim in the evening.  I won't swim everyday, I'll ride and run a couple of other days, but I am going to swim as much as I can this spring/summer.

I took Max for a walk last night but it was a terrible outing.  There was a strange guy hanging around the area where I parked my car and I didn't have a good feeling about him.  He would follow me (from a distance) and then turn around and walk the other way.  I maybe walked 10 minutes and that was it and I kept stopping to see where he was, pretending to let Max pee-after doing that a couple of times, Max just looked at me as if he were saying, "I REALLY don't have to pee anymore!" So, eventually, my gut just would not rest and I headed back to the car.  Everything was alright but it just ruined my walk.  I think he was waiting for someone to pick him up, but you never know these days.  Anyway, will try again tonight-hubby will be home and maybe he'll want to tag along.

PB-your YTD stats made my chin drop!!  Most Excellent!!! 

This weekend is going to be spent with my family celebrating Mother's Day.  The Avengers in 3D, church on Sunday and a Mother's Day brunch following the service.  It will be a great weekend and probably one of the few left where my girls will be around.  Next year my oldest graduates and soon after that, my youngest.  Sheesh...and this year I'll be 40...lol.

I hope you guys have a great weekend!  Stay safe and keep up the good training!!

2012-05-11 2:33 PM

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii

PB! That really is impressive!!! Wow...you are so inspiring, I'm thankful to have you as a mentor:-) Thanks so much for the encouraging words...they really get me psyched..I've NEVER been an endurance athlete...always played volleyball, basketball and softball. Swimming was always short sprint distances too. So this has really been a learning experience for me AND my body!lol! It's amazing to see how my body responds to this kind of training, I love it!

Seoulgirl....that is SCARy! Glad you had your doberman with you though...they are great protectors right? I'm always aware of who is around when I walk or jog too....Hawaii is not all paradise. I really want to get a dog soon, hopefully next year some time. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, your plan of events sounds very similar to mine! 40 this year? cool....I have loved every minute of my 40's (I'm 46).....enjoy!

Have a good one you two!

2012-05-14 8:40 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan

I really don't understand what the deal is w/ Saturday morning and rain...  I waited at home for the lighting to creep past my house and off I went on my long ride - 1.5 hours into the rain came again...I hung out under a tree for 30 min for the hard stuff to pass and continued on, but was defeated.... so 35 miles got me over 1000 and I was happy.  We had big plans of painting and such, I was so wipped nothing ever happen except we pick the color, got the paint, cleared the room, bought some beer and done...lol I've gained 5 pounds back...oh well back at it this week.

Good news is I tried my wetsuit a freind gave me to borrow 3 years ago - never fit, never got close.  Saturday morning however I zipped that baby up and bam.  One more check mark on my race sheet plan....now I need to try to swim in it. lol  we shall see.  Not really a official tri wet suit but in my mind it will keep me afloat and warmer if the the water is cold...I've never used one - excited to try.

Swam 56 laps this morning - 33:50.  So I'm thinking I can do my mile swim and be on my bike in under a hour.  more to think about:>

Have a super Monday

pb

2012-05-14 2:07 PM
in reply to: #4208204

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii
Paper Boy - 2012-05-14 3:40 AM

I really don't understand what the deal is w/ Saturday morning and rain...  I waited at home for the lighting to creep past my house and off I went on my long ride - 1.5 hours into the rain came again...I hung out under a tree for 30 min for the hard stuff to pass and continued on, but was defeated.... so 35 miles got me over 1000 and I was happy.  We had big plans of painting and such, I was so wipped nothing ever happen except we pick the color, got the paint, cleared the room, bought some beer and done...lol I've gained 5 pounds back...oh well back at it this week.

Good news is I tried my wetsuit a freind gave me to borrow 3 years ago - never fit, never got close.  Saturday morning however I zipped that baby up and bam.  One more check mark on my race sheet plan....now I need to try to swim in it. lol  we shall see.  Not really a official tri wet suit but in my mind it will keep me afloat and warmer if the the water is cold...I've never used one - excited to try.

Swam 56 laps this morning - 33:50.  So I'm thinking I can do my mile swim and be on my bike in under a hour.  more to think about:>

Have a super Monday

pb

Sorry to hear about the rain How great is that to feel the zipper go up!!!llol! I love that too....I'm still trying to decide what I'm gonna wear...no need for a wetsuit here in Hawaii, although some people do wear them. I'm getting excited for you! Have a great monday.

2012-05-14 2:12 PM

Veteran
Oahu, Hawaii

I had a pretty good weekend...mother's day was fun...I went on a long bike ride and then did a mile run. I think my body is getting use to doing these bricks cause I felt great. I had a question, how long is the trot/run from transition to where you can mount your bike and start riding? I'm just curious...I've been getting off my bike at the end of my rides and trotting like I'm headed back to transition area...my legs are much stronger now. I was just wondering how far this actually is. 

Short swim for me today...legs gotta recover:-)

Happy Monday!

2012-05-14 5:21 PM

User image

Eastern Washington

Great job, both of you!  I ate waaaayyy too much bad food this weekend and I am paying for it today.  I look at food and feel gross.  It's over 90 degrees here today, so the walk with Max is going to have to be a little later tonight or both of us will have heat exhaustion. 

This week is really busy at work and my second job is turning the heat on, as well, so I'm trying to find a balance between the two jobs and working out.  Sad to say, working out continues to be put on the back burner.  I have to find my motivation again!!

Congrats on the wetsuit, PB!  I have one summer dress that I keep in the closet and when I can fit into it again, I'll be happy.  Took some family pics over the weekend and gah!!  I look awful...ugh, I hate getting my pic taken.  For some reason my face stays round, no matter how hard I work out.  Maybe it's just been round for too long!!  lol

Yes, Tri, having a large Doberman helps deter many people and Max was very aware of the strange guy, but I simply didn't trust him.  I know Max was disappointed, too because he was ready for his walk!!

Anyway, hope your week is off to a good start!  My in laws are coming at the end of the week, so I will be off on Friday, but that won't keep me from posting!! 

Take care, guys!

2012-05-15 7:25 AM

User image

Marshall Michigan

In laws - you poor thing.  Just tell them you have to go out for your long ride or you'll never hear the end of us bit$$$$$ that you didn't.  4 hour ride - 1 hour shower, much shorter visit.  lol

So long run to fencing - over 8 miles low 10 min mile, thos first few fely bad and I was thinking I'm gonna bail I know it.  Than things improved, picked up strong pace and finished very well with a low 9 min mile.  SO my right knee did however act up, along the outside of knee cap.  Happen once before and just took 3 days of ice to heal up.  Fencing was intense as we have this tournament Saturday everyone is getting very serious about.  So that didn't help w/ the jumping and leeping around.  Today is a slow moving day - feeling my age.

Tri- Transitions are all different - in chicago - swim to bike was over 400 yards away, bike to road maybe 50ish depending where you rack up.  I read - my GR race the transition is super long and spread along the road - so some people really had a long way togo.  Local race at a near by park - everything w/in 50 yards.  Read you race reports about your race and you'll gather some info I'm sure.  Plus good to hear about race corse, bumpy roads, sharp turns, that kinda thing.  Sometimes it takes a few reports to find a good one, but you will.

Have a super Tuesday

PB

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Jac's Group - The water is warm, join us! Rss Feed  

of 19