General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildman Triathlon Festival - My First Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-15 11:56 AM

User image

Subject: Wildman Triathlon Festival - My First Triathlon : Official Thread

Anyone interested in sharing training tips, inspirations, troubles, and success in preparation for the Wildman Triathlon feel free to share here.  Feel free to PM me as well.

I am a first time triathlete and will be competing in the 1st Triathlon at the Wildman.

Cheers,

Chris

2012-01-18 2:21 PM
in reply to: #3991319

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Wildman Triathlon Festival - My First Triathlon : Official Thread

I did the sprint race two years ago.  I posted the link to my race report below.  From what I remember it was a well run race.  Assuming they didn't change anything from the year I did it, expect a long swim, technical ride (many turns) and a short trail-type run.  The water was freezing, but clean and clear for the most part.  Good luck and have fun!  

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=199444

2012-01-19 9:52 AM
in reply to: #3997790

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
Subject: RE: Wildman Triathlon Festival - My First Triathlon : Official Thread
rkerperien - 2012-01-18 3:21 PM

I did the sprint race two years ago.  I posted the link to my race report below.  From what I remember it was a well run race.  Assuming they didn't change anything from the year I did it, expect a long swim, technical ride (many turns) and a short trail-type run.  The water was freezing, but clean and clear for the most part.  Good luck and have fun!  

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=199444

Clear?  Actually it's very dark water.  Clean but full of a lot of tannins.  Looks like tea.  Doesn't both me but it does some people.

But it is very well run.  A good race for your first tri.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildman Triathlon Festival - My First Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed