United States
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 27m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The WORST pre-race routine EVER. The day before the race I had graduation in Tampa and I was so busy I only ate once the entire day! And, I had Mexican food! Nice choice for carb loading! Also, this is my first race since February when I hurt my knee running the A1A Marathon.
Event warmup:

Arrive at even site half hour before race. Hide behind trees to pee since lines at potty too long. Throw my shirt I was wearing before race at my bro to carry to the end. Drank a little bit of water. Food/drink before races usually upsets my stomach so I don't eat before shorter races.
Run
  • 1h 27m
  • 15 kms
  • 05m 48s  min/km
Comments:

No clue on the ranking, the results are not available yet and I was too dang tired to wait for the posting.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing! My pace was MUCH slower than usual, but I don't care!!! I was sooo thrilled to run a 15K after 2 mos of no running!!! The medals were awesome, the shirts were short sleeve versions of the marathon shirts, which rock! And, of course I love the idea of a race to support research of any sort! :)
Post race
Warm down:

Drink some water, go back to bed!!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

No sleep, no food, recent injury (but still don't care) :)

Event comments:

The volunteers were great! The 5k the day before was fun. I love a race that has finisher medals! The goody bags was stuffed. My only suggestion would be to change the course to run the loop around Magic Kingdom/Epcot, would be much more interesting.

Last updated: 2006-05-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:27:00 | 15 kms | 05m 48s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
I am guessing on the time there. My GPS (Garmin 201) dropped out in mile 7 and never recovered. And, I forgot to turn it off at the end. It said 1:31 when I remembered to stop it.
Course: The course was boring! It is actually the last 9 miles of the Disney marathon which means 6 miles of nothing but road! In addition it was up an on ramp which is slanted (not so good for ITBS, I ran in the grass at that point). However, the last 3 miles through MGM and Epcot was awesome!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-05-09 1:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Tampa, FL
Subject: Disney's Woman Run the World 15K

2006-05-09 8:59 AM
in reply to: #418375

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: RE: Disney's Woman Run the World 15K
I had a blast, too, but agree on the boring and the slopes = that is always a problem at Disney races....you did GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! I see you're doing Muddy Buddy - would love to do it, but I'm doing the Danskin the next day. One of these days I'll actually hook up with BTers for some fun at a race instead of reading about it later. BTW< your avatar is awesome!

Oh yeah, if you click on the part on their site that says Results available later, you get a link to the results online - they are already there.

Edited by annabananamc 2006-05-09 9:00 AM
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Disney's Woman Run the World 15K Rss Feed