Other Country Forums Southeast Asia » Running/Tri Coach in Singapore - Recommendations? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-31 10:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Singapore
Subject: Running/Tri Coach in Singapore - Recommendations?

I am thinking it would be nice to have some professional input into my running and triathlon training plans.  Some of my coworkers in the US have started using coaches and their performance improvement has been dramatic.  I am not looking for a coach to be with me on every training run, just someone to work through all the more detailed aspects of the workouts and training.  I have done a ton of research on plans and workouts so I think I have a pretty good plan but it would be nice to have someone with more experience work through it with me.

Any suggestions of a resource in Singapore? 

2012-02-01 7:49 AM
in reply to: #4022336

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Running/Tri Coach in Singapore - Recommendations?
Don't have any personal experience with their coaching but I know that Metasport/Tribob offers coaching in addition to putting on races. They seem to have a lot of training groups (I get their newsletters and drool) but maybe some of the coaches would do something less hands-on; you could contact them and ask. I believe there are other groups/coaches in S'pre as well. I have thought about getting a coach also but nobody available here and it's tough to do it long-distance; the practical constraints on my training (when I can swim, bike etc.) are also so crazy I hate to make anyone else have to deal with them! Best of luck--let me know if you find someone good.
2012-02-20 9:57 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Hi Anthony!

Are you still looking for a coach? Yes, TriBob has services (you may have looked them up), but what I've heard from more than a few people is that it's very expensive and not a lot of attention for the investment.

There are two people you could try. Both are unbelievably good coaches (and I mean international level and experience), but I don't know that they are taking clients right now. They might be.

1) David Greenfield of Elite Bicycles [email protected]

2) Lloyd Ngoh -- probably the easiest way to contact him is message him on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lloydtrihogz

2012-02-22 6:28 AM

User image

Veteran
Singapore

Thanks I will check into these guys.  I bruised the heck out of my heel so I have not been able to run lately so I have not really given it much thought.

Thanks again for the recommendations.

New Thread
Other Country Forums Southeast Asia » Running/Tri Coach in Singapore - Recommendations? Rss Feed