AmericanCycling
75F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 25m 47s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Cat4
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got there on time for a change and played 'guess what the weather will do' since it went from perfectly sunny to perfectly crappy and then to calm again. Talked and stretched a little bit.
Event warmup:

Got on the trainer for about 20 minutes and moved through the gears. Mark came over so we talked for a little bit. Felt pretty good in the warm-up and knew that this was probably the best week to go fast since there was no wind to speak of and the only obstacle would be dodging bugs.
Bike
  • 25m 47s
  • 10.5 miles
  • 24.43 mile/hr
Comments:

Started out feeling good. Got into the first corner and was doing just over 32. Comparatively, last week I was doing about 29 into that corner. Kept pushing and felt good. My goal for the series was to go under 26 minutes and I knew this was my best chance. My focus was a lot better, but it still hurt like hell. Passed Adam on his way back in and it was about 15" earlier than I usually see him so I figured A) he's haulin ass,and B) it's a fast course so no excuses. Got to the hill and started gaining on the guy in front of me. Came up on him and realized that it was the guy 2 in front of me and the guy I was more concerned about passing was up farther. Came into the turn around really aggressively and felt great going through it. Actually, all my corners were as solid as they have been. With about 3 milesleft I passed the guy I wanted to and from there to the finish, I passed him twice and he passed me back twice. At the end I tried to get up and pass him so I got out of my saddle on a little roller as a last ditch effort. That pretty much took everything out of me and I didn't pass him, but it was still a good effort (just maybe not the smartest there at the end). Anyway, I broke my goal and PR'ed so I'm pretty happy with that.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Brick run. 1.5 miles at an easy pace until the wind kicked up and it started raining. Glad it didn't happen like that a few minutes earlier.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Went as hard as I could.

Last updated: 2006-03-14 12:00 AM
Biking
00:25:47 | 10.5 miles | 24.43 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Avg HR - 186 Max HR - 193
Wind: Little
Course: 10.5-mile loop with gently rolling hills and one noteworthy hill in the middle.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-05-17 10:34 PM

User image

Expert
Denver
Subject: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series #6

2006-05-17 10:54 PM
in reply to: #427004

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series #6
Nice ride. Way to make the most of the day an PR!
2006-05-18 6:12 AM

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series #6
Great ride and a fun chase down!
2006-05-19 6:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA