BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf mentor group is [ Closed ] Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 73

2012-12-18 8:34 AM
in reply to: #4125464

New user
Norwalk, Ohio
Subject: RE: Baowolf mentor group is [ Closed ]

As this mentor groups comes to an end, I want to thank you all for your support.  I don't have any friends into the things we talk about on here, and it was very beneficial for me to be able to bounce ideas off of you, and share similar thoughts and experiences.

My New Year's resolution was to lose weight.  That was the only one.  I would have looked like an idiot if I had the New Year's resolution of losing 113 pounds, complete a half ironman, run a sub 2 hour half marathon, get off my asthma and blood pressure medicine, and get my body fat from 40% to 12%.  Oh yeah, I quit drinking alcohol, too.  I'd say it's been a hell of a year for me, and I can say I am in the best shape of my life at age 40.  I'm a better father and husband and friend.  I'd like to thank all of you for your support in my journey!!

2012-12-19 11:07 AM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas

Larry, I couldn't agree with you more.  And wow, what a year you have had!  You are truly an inspiration.

I too very much value the support and camraderie here.  Thanks to everyone who has participated. 

And special thanks to Steve for your guidance and patience.  You have been consistently helpful and encouraging even in the midst of a tough year for you.

Merry Christmas to all!

2012-12-22 12:28 PM

User image

Veteran

Hi everyone. I hope you all know I support you even when I don't write in and being part of this group has been so fundamental for me as well. Watching all of you go through the ups and downs and seeing so much success is inspiring for sure! I hope to see all of you in the next group - is there going to be a new group with Steve? My training has been sporadic at best. Right now I'm coming off fighting a cold, but I'm getting my mind geared up for the training that is about to ensue.

Mike - Great job on your swim meet. What a cool first time experience!

Larry - This will be a year you will never forget and so often years that are never forgotten contain tragedy, but you, my friend, have experienced an amazing year of success, joy and so many other things! Well done!

Carol - sorry to hear about your back. I find it tricky to know how to proceed after things like that. Did an Idahoan sign up for Cow Town yet? I sure wish I could make it happen.

Steve - How is life on the training/home front? Are you going to start another group? Like I have said before - I can't do the biggest training weeks of my life without my mentor

I hope you are all enjoying the days leading up to Christmas, I know I am.

2012-12-23 12:35 PM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas

Hey Samantha!  I haven't seen any more postings about how many states the Cowtown is trying to get now, but it would be awesome if you could come regardless.  Fun race, and would be a blast to meet you in person!

Steve mentioned mentoring again, so his group probably just hasn't been published yet.  I saw him post the start of the group, and then they took it down because I think it was posted in the wrong place.  I agree...the group camraderie and and Steve's voice of reason help to keep me balanced.

2012-12-23 9:50 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California

Hey gang I was very busy it work with a family murder suicide, 2 threats of school shootings following the East coast event and all the many end of the semester things going on.  My training is not really anywhere right now.  I will be going to the ortho on 1/3 to look at a right shoulder rotater cuff tear probably.  I will know more in a couple weeks.  But that doesn't mean I can't mentor. 

The BT site has been fairly iffy and hit or miss with getting information in and out of the start up thread.  I posted an application for a new group and all are welcome to join.  I am hoping you all can share the knowledge you have gained this year with some new folks.  Hopefuly we can maintain a larger group this time.  I hadn't anticipated losing as many as we did at the beginning.  I think our newer folks got scared off by how much you all were doing.  A 10 mile run is very intimidating for someone doing a  couch to 5k program.  Anyway I will make every effort to get the new group up and we can take things from there. 

Funny story.  So we left to go shopping yesterday which means driving 90 miles each way... and it was snowing.. and my wife wanted to drive... and well ya we ended up in the ditch.  Meh we were only 12 miles from home so I was going to just run home and get my car as there was no cell phone coverage... yes we live in the sticks.  Triathletes have a different problem solving process than do others.  And I was thinking I might not get my workout in...  

I wanted to thank everyone for hanging in there for the full course of the group. I am as proud as I can be of everyone this year.  Many goals were made or surpassed and a great deal of confidence was gained by all.  Character is not built by what we do when things are going well, but by how we face adversity and move through it.  I am working on that at the moment, but we have all faced some aspect of it this year.  For many it is an excuse to go back to a non-athletic background because being fit and racing is too hard.  But all of you know that it is worth it.  Samantha, this is the off season.  Get in what you want to or don't want to now and bick a start date for your base training.  Once you pick that start date, start then and move forward.  No guilt trip for anything that doesn't get done before then.  Afterwords..... everything counts towards that IM..... Hopefully we will be up and running in the next week or 2. 

Merry Christmas to all, take care of you and yours.   

2012-12-24 11:49 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Ok, my post made it to the staging area, so it should go to live to mentor groups next week I would imagine.  See yall there.

2012-12-25 11:54 AM

User image

Veteran

Thanks Steve! I'm working on understanding what that looks like for me. Sounds like a tough situation to be dealing with right now. I hope and pray for peace for the family who has experienced this tragedy.

You always find random ways to get your workouts in guess you can thank your wife for providing that opportunity

Anyway, Steve's new mentor group is up and running.

Merry Christmas everyone!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf mentor group is [ Closed ] Rss Feed  

of 73