LOCO Sports
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 57m 4s
Overall Rank = 530/1222
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 34/104
Pre-race routine:

Race at 11 am. Got up, had 2 cups of decaf. Ate cinnamon raisin bagel with butter at 8ish. Had an emotional freakout on JGG. I think the pressure I out on myself to break 2 hrs all rushed at me at once.
Event warmup:

Stood around for almost 90 min. Did a quick run with Derek and peed in the woods. The portapotty line was insane.
Run
  • 1h 57m 4s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

Started out with the 9 min pacer to ensure I hit a 27 min 5k. He went out a little faster than I wanted, but ultimately set me up on a good pace. I eventually just passed him and kept on the pace I was running. It felt like my legs and torso were two different units all day. It's like my legs just knew what to do.

I did have some cramping in my abs early which soars subsided. Still hurts a little this Monday morning as I type.

I was really proud that I. No stanly pushed myself and didn't let myself relax or just take a couple of minutes easy. Mentally, I felt really strong.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. My goal was to break two hours. My secret ultimate goal was 1:58 and. I beat that which was AWESOME!

I wanted to tell people to shut up with their weird conversations, but that's just not nice. So I just ran faster which ultimately helped in the end.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate a piece of pizza, a half banana, stretched, showered, then went to register for wedding gifts. My left shin really started to hurt, ,ESP when I flexed my foot. As of this morning, it feels a little tired but my quads hurt a little more.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think I could have gone a tad faster, but I wanted to stay controlled so I didn't lse steam at the end. Also, my infinit got really foamy and drinking it was a little unpleasant at times. Hard to digest with a hard effort if I didn't plan drinking down hill.

Event comments:

This is a great local race. I was happy that I ran the course twice before the race. I boosted my confidence and helped me prepare for the hills. I would recommend this race to anyone who is looking for a good hilly challenge on a very scenic course with great volunteers and unique musicians every couple of miles. They even have belly dancers! Will definitely do this again.

Last updated: 2012-04-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:57:04 | 13.1 miles | 08m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 34/104
Overall: 530/1222
Performance: Good
Course: Hilly and tough. Did this race 4 years ago and ran with a friend- it was her first half. Time was 2:11 so this is a major PR! Never broke 2 hrs before so I am SUPER PSYCHED!!!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes