General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rock Hall Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-06-04 8:29 PM
in reply to: #4242698

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro
Subject: RE: Rock Hall Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread
bgeyeguy - 2012-06-04 9:07 AM

Awesome reference!!  Hey looks like you had a pretty good day!  Were you happy with results?  3rd in our ag. 

Hey thanks, overall I'm pretty happy. 

I ended up doing the race "unplugged" so it was tough for me to gauge how hard I was pushing.  When I packed up my gear on Friday night I must have inadvertently turned on my Timex global trainer so when I got to the race site in the AM it was dead as a door nail.  In looking at my splits I feel as though I left a little bit out there.  Might not have made much of a difference in placing though, so no big deal.  I'm gonna put up a report tomorrow.

How'd things go for you... good day?

2012-06-05 2:44 PM
in reply to: #4244683

User image

Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Rock Hall Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread
Sous - 2012-06-04 8:29 PM
bgeyeguy - 2012-06-04 9:07 AM

Awesome reference!!  Hey looks like you had a pretty good day!  Were you happy with results?  3rd in our ag. 

Hey thanks, overall I'm pretty happy. 

I ended up doing the race "unplugged" so it was tough for me to gauge how hard I was pushing.  When I packed up my gear on Friday night I must have inadvertently turned on my Timex global trainer so when I got to the race site in the AM it was dead as a door nail.  In looking at my splits I feel as though I left a little bit out there.  Might not have made much of a difference in placing though, so no big deal.  I'm gonna put up a report tomorrow.

How'd things go for you... good day?

I did ok.  I really felt weak on the bike, could not push the gears that I felt I should have, I was actually the only one in our group (6) who got slower (bike average) from our previous race a month earlier.  Since I have to blame something, maybe dehydration from pre-race/swim.  For the run, I had to do a slow jog/walk, (no running since march) and wanted to make sure I did not aggravate my foot.  It was an embarrassing 11min mile but at least I finished.  My legs really paid for it the last few days, been a long time since my quads felt this sore.  It was fun and I really like set up events. 

That stinks your battery was dead, back to old school RPE!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rock Hall Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2