General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMSG and racing in tough conditions Q and Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2012-05-11 2:18 PM
in reply to: #4194415

Veteran
Subject: RE: IMSG and racing in tough conditions Q and

Bryan thanks for taking the time to do this thread and I add my congrats on the win.

I'm wondering how you came to the decision to race by HR considering the variables involved with using HR.  What caused you to pick HR over power on the bike?

2012-05-11 2:38 PM
in reply to: #4199666

User image

Veteran
Maryland

Are the races you planned for the next few months going to change now that you have to prepare for Kona?  More halves, less halves.  Less races, more races. Types of courses, more hills less hills etc.  And how close is the heat and humidity in AZ during the summer compared to what you will face. 

Last one, since you cannot rock the Storm tropper Disc in Kona, are you going to take it off for training with another wheel set from here on out unless you are racing of course...are 808's legal in kona?

2012-05-11 3:46 PM
in reply to: #4205104

User image

Champion
Fountain Hills, AZ
trinity - 2012-05-11 1:18 PM

Bryan thanks for taking the time to do this thread and I add my congrats on the win.

I'm wondering how you came to the decision to race by HR considering the variables involved with using HR.  What caused you to pick HR over power on the bike?

7+ years of racing and training soley with HR takes all the variability from training and racing with HR. People were successfully racing the Ironman and setting world record times before power meters. They are good tools, but just tools. All that matters is that YOU understand you and use whatever metric YOU are comfortable and familiar with.
2012-05-11 3:50 PM
in reply to: #4205162

User image

Champion
Fountain Hills, AZ
bgeyeguy - 2012-05-11 1:38 PM

Are the races you planned for the next few months going to change now that you have to prepare for Kona?  More halves, less halves.  Less races, more races. Types of courses, more hills less hills etc.  And how close is the heat and humidity in AZ during the summer compared to what you will face. 

Last one, since you cannot rock the Storm tropper Disc in Kona, are you going to take it off for training with another wheel set from here on out unless you are racing of course...are 808's legal in kona?

There really aren't any local races here from now until September. I had not given much thought to the season prior to IMSG, waiting to see how that shook out. Now that I know I have Kona, I may do a Half IM in Flagstaff in early August and an Olympic in early September.

Yes 808's are allowed in Kona and that is what I use there. I train on a cheap set of Velomax wheels.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMSG and racing in tough conditions Q and Rss Feed  

of 4