General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Indianapolis, Indiana
United States
500 Festival
Total Time = 2h 20m 56s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 2h 20m 56s
  • 13.25 miles
  • 10m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

I acutally signed up for this race before deciding on doing the 50 miler 2 weeks ago. I had heard this is a must do event and it sells out fast. There were 35,000 people for this half marathon. Temps at the 7:30am start were around 68 but the humidity was at 95%. You could feel it! I couldn't potty before the race and during the race felt as though I had to go twice and had to wait in line at the porta johns to try.....it was constant bobbing and weaving just trying to find a place to run the entire way and I didnt like that at all. Trying to get fluids at the water stations was terrible too....people stopping and drinking jumping in front of you pushing you just awful! I felt a cramp in my leg once and thought it was probably due to not getting hydrated enough and I was drenched from sweat thats for sure. After I finished I waited in line for a free massage for like 40 min but was waiting on Beth to finish and didnt have anything else to do so thought this would be good. The massage sucked, I understand it was free and they are students but she just pushed here and there and pulled things was really a weird massage.Once Beth finished we tried to locate her car.....LOL she has a way with losing her car :-) but we managed and then headed back to the hotel, showered checked out and I headed to Cincinnati to get my packet for the Flying Pig Half the next day.
Post race

Last updated: 2011-10-28 12:00 AM
Running
02:20:56 | 13.25 miles | 10m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-05-08 1:03 PM

User image

Elite
HURRICANE, Utah
Subject: OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed