Tri4gold
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 26m 59s
Overall Rank = 5F/154F
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 3/25
Pre-race routine:

Stressed all night about a healing blister on my ankle I got from running in new shoes (stupid!). Got some good advice on BT for dealing with it while racing. Woke up late and had to rush to get ready. Ate some toast w/ pnut butter and 1/2 banana. My mommy drove me to the race and dropped me off. It is fun coming home to visit and to race!
Event warmup:

Did a little running and my blister cover came off!!! (tried duck tape) Did some stretching. Got ready for the swim. Stressed about my blister...
Swim
  • 26m 58s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 38s / 100 yards
Comments:

The swim was long! I expected to do it in under 25 min. so was a little shocked when I checked my watch getting out. I still ranked very well in it, as everyone's time struggled from the distance.
What would you do differently?:

I don't think I'd wear my wet suit. I felt a little hot in it. I had swam in the lake the day before without and it felt great. I think it caused me more time in transition than it helped me in the swim.
Transition 1
  • 01m 54s
Comments:

My transitions suck.

Practice transitions. I say this every time.
Bike
  • 1h 10m 57s
  • 25 miles
  • 21.14 mile/hr
Comments:

For me, this bike was HARD! Living in Florida, my only option for hill work is going back and forth over bridges, which is not the same and rolling hills on a course. I did not expect to do as well on the bike as I did so am very happy with my time.
I almost got hit by a car. I was about 30 feet behind a clump of riders entering a 4 way stop intersection. The cop had all the traffic stopped but then as soon as they went through, he started signaling cars to go, right as I hit the intersection. I guess he didn't see me. There was nothing I could do but scream "NOOOOO!!!" I guess the cars heard me and stopped. Phew. Way to spike my heart rate!

I might have gone a little too hard on the bike, especially at the end. I spent most of the race chasing down a girl and finally caught her at about mile 20 then we passed back and forth for a few miles. I was determined to finish ahead of her so really pushed the last few miles. She ended up kicking my butt on the run!
Transition 2
  • 01m 7s
Comments:

Almost fell over jumping off bike. I had arrived a little late to the race and forgot to check out where the run start was, so I was a little disoriented getting out of T2 area.
Also cost myself a few seconds globbing some Vasoline on my blister area. It was certainly worth it. I wouldn't have survived the run without it. Thanks for the advice BT!

Make sure I know where to run out before I am actually doing it!
Run
  • 46m 5s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 26s  min/mile
Comments:

Growing up in this town, my knowledge of the run course was a big help. I knew what to expect and what was coming. And it was fun thinking of all the names of what we called the different areas when I was little. The race started with the "roller coaster" section along the lake, then through the "belly of the whale" (tunnel) and turned around at "three ponds".
I am happy with run performance because, like the bike, I don't have many places to practice running over hills in Florida. The only good hill work I get is when I come back home for a visit. I love the paths in this town. They make for such a pretty, shady course.

My heart rate was crazy high going into the run. I couldn't settle in. I took about 2 miles to get adjusted but once I did, it was smooth sailing.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and stretched. Met up with my momma and sister and saw some old family friends. Ate some of the best pizza ever - Partner's!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing. Great race!

Event comments:

This race marked my 1 year anniversary of doing triathlons! I can't believe how far I've come in just one year!

Last updated: 2012-01-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:26:58 | 1640 yards | 01m 38s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/25
Overall: 4/154F
Performance: Good
Suit: Xtrerra Vortex full suit
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:54
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:10:57 | 25 miles | 21.14 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/25
Overall: 7/154F
Wind: None
Course: Rolling hills
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:07
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:46:05 | 06.2 miles | 07m 26s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/25
Overall: 15/154F
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2012-05-20 8:23 AM

User image

Florida
Subject: Peachtree International Triathlon

2012-05-20 8:35 AM
in reply to: #4218835

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: Peachtree International Triathlon
very nice home coming...hardware is a bonus.  Great race.
2012-05-20 1:30 PM
in reply to: #4218835

User image

New user
Athens, GA
Subject: RE: Peachtree International Triathlon
You smoked that swim! Well, and the whole race, lol. I hope my one-year anniversary is anywhere near as auspicious as yours.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Peachtree International Triathlon Rss Feed