DMSE Sports
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 47m 36s
Overall Rank = 164/1441
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 20/125
Pre-race routine:

Showed up early, napped a in the car. Just kept moving around, stretch a little then move some more.
Event warmup:

After some stretching, 20 minute warm-up with 5X100 meter strides worked in after 10 minutes.
Run
  • 1h 47m 36s
  • 13.47 miles
  • 07m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran this race more by perceived effort than by watching my pace. Seemed to work well as I did have enough gas to sprint the last few hundred yards to the finish line. The guy right behind me TRIED to pass me, sorry son not today!!
What would you do differently?:

Not sure I would do anything different, felt great at the end. Heart rate was good even for running faster splits than I had before at this distance.
Post race
Warm down:

10 minute cool down run and some stretching

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The dang hills!

Event comments:

The bus pick up from parking was nice but when we were dropped off no direction where to go or volunteers. a group of us wondered around until we guessed at the right direction to go. The shuttles back were not easy to find and drove past our parking lot to drop off across the the complex. A bit of a walk (again guessing) back to the car.
Other than that good event, after party food and beer were good, good band played.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2012-03-12 12:00 AM
Running
01:47:36 | 13.47 miles | 07m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 20/125
Overall: 164/1441
Performance: Good
Garmin time is 1 second off official time and has me at 13.61 miles and a 7:54 Min/Mile pace. Official timing states 8:13 min mile pace and this site calculates at 8:21.....
Course: This course has some elevation to it especially at the end, had some rollers that just seem to never stop going up. Very scenic and a joy to run on. Did better with the hills than I expected, started passing people going up and then gain distance on the decent. Kept my feet under my body, arms moving and tried to not lean forward. Actually kept feeling stronger with each hill we came too.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes