Special Events Management
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 33m 15s
Overall Rank = 16/740
Age Group = M3034
Age Group Rank = 1/47
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4am and had 1 1/2 Cliff Bars with water and then sipped on Fluid Performance until the start. We left as early as we could from Schaumburg and still got there having to scramble a little.
Event warmup:

No warm up since we got there with just enough time to get our race packet and use the bathroom.
Run
  • 1h 33m 15s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

It was a hot day and I haven't had any heat acclimation this year yet so I didn't run it as fast as I'd hoped. This race actually turned out to be the 2nd race since I started racing again that I didn't PR. But no biggie, gotta accept the conditions and everyone else had to run in the heat too so I was able to pick up an age group win that I'm quite happy about.
What would you do differently?:

Probably do some kind of warm up. I usually feel better after getting my heart rate up in training so I really should do that at least up to the half marathon distance.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank 2 bottles of water and sat in the shade waiting for my brother and friend to finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The heat

Event comments:

Nothing exceptional, a good race though. They could have put the water on ice since it was really warm at the finish and I was looking for something ice cold!

Last updated: 2012-02-22 12:00 AM
Running
01:33:15 | 13.1 miles | 07m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/47
Overall: 16/740
Performance: Average
Course: 1 loop through some of the nicer parts of Rockford that had some hills but nothing crazy.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-05-25 9:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: Rockford Half Marathon

2012-05-29 6:19 PM
in reply to: #4230022

User image

Loves Park
Subject: RE: Rockford Half Marathon
Nice job to you too. Age group win, that is awesome. Man we must have finished right next to each other.
2012-05-31 12:56 PM
in reply to: #4230022

User image

Regular
Chicago
nice job on the AG win! So overall did you like the race? I think SEM is usually well prepared with their races, good price points, etc.
2012-07-04 10:08 PM
in reply to: #4237467

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago

Sorry for the really late reply, I haven't visited this since then!

bigpaps - wow, yeah we sure must have finished close together...glad you're not in my AG yet haha!

doxie - From what I remember it was a pretty well run race.  Only thing was, and I mentioned it in the race report, that the water at the finish line was warm and I was sooo looking for some cold water!  And the cost was great...I signed up with a schwaggle

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rockford Half Marathon Rss Feed