General Discussion Race Reports! » American Triple-T Ohio - Race #3: Olympic PM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

American Triple-T Ohio - Race #3: Olympic PM - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Portsmouth, Ohio
United States
HFP Racing
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 18m 16s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 64/103
Pre-race routine:

did a lot of stretching before heading back to the 3rd race. not much rest though. Ate a bunch
Event warmup:

We got back to the race area for the 3rd race and my bike fell over once we dismounted it from the rack. The new water system (profile design) I had set up spilled everywhere. Bye bye ice cold water with my endurolytes! By this time I feel like I have a black cloud hanging over my head! I went to transition and set everything up. The bike was first and would be a time trial start. It was getting hot. I decided to wear the normal helmet (Giro ionos) instead of the aero. I was talking to people about the swim. Most said it was a good idea to wear a wetsuit to prevent cramping in the legs. Cramping??? One guy said “YOU WILL CRAMP, JUST KEEP GOING!” They say the wetsuit helps compress the legs, but either way I’d still cramp. Aw man, I’m going to die I thought!
Swim
  • 00m
  • 1640 yards
  • / 100 yards
Comments:

The swim was after the bike.I walked into transition and decided there would be no wet suit. The hell with it! I walked very slowly out to the beach and went right in. The water felt great, but Gee imagine that, my left goggle was leaking again! At this point I was questioning my sanity. Was it really worth all this? Maybe I was just born a duathlete or a pure runner???? I got out a little ways and found I could still touch. I stood up and was playing with the goggle and walking in the water. I went back under and it was still leaking! I just couldn’t get it fixed! This was going to be a dreaded swim. Uggh! There was probably about 300 yards left and I attempted the goggle again treading water. I told a lifeguard sitting on her kayak that I give swimmers an all new respect, chuckled and swam away. That time the goggle was fixed. Hell yea! Hooray! We got out of the water after the first lap and one guy was standing on the beach. I overheard him say he couldn’t straighten out his leg because it cramped up (he had a wetsuit on as well). Sounds like I made the right decision! I had one more loop to go and thought I did it pretty well compared to the other swims. I was finally feeling pretty comfy in the water. I still did some breastrokes from time to time if someone hit me hard or I got clustered, but I was finally feeling like an openwater swimmer! Yay for me. At the end some girl slapped me on the head (not on purpose). It was sorta like being bitch slapped and I chuckled. Thank you, may I have another one???!!
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 1h 36m 50s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 15.40 mile/hr
Comments:

The bike leg was first.We were waiting in line and I was sleepy. At that time I could have taken a nap, but people started moving onto the course and I got out there as well. My legs felt horrible for the first few minutes. They were very shaky. Once I got peddling that feeling went away. And Once again there were lots of hills, more hills and hills. Did I say hills? Long hills! There seemed to be a lot of traffic, but atleast the cars were respectful. I was feeling pretty decent, but I was also feeling very slow on the hills! A lot of the course was out in the sun and it was getting hot. I just moseyed along!
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 1h 03m 7s
  • 6.55 miles
  • 09m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

I walked into transition and took my time. Sunscreen and OFF for the pesky horse flies (which they still bothered me). I ran out and was feeling very stiff. I was afraid to relax because of my ankle. I was really worried something would go wrong with my luck! I got to the first hill and started to run, but felt something funny in the ankle area. I immediately started walking. I figured I would do the run/walk thing since the ankle & we had a big race the next day. Once I was up the hill I tried running again. The foot felt okay. I stopped at each water station and continued on. At one point I litteraly thought a horse was behind me. I looked back and it was this guy. That is how he was breathing (I am not exaggerating).After mile 4 I continued to run and saw James. I yelled at him and he didn’t turn around. I figured he wasn’t feeling too hot. I passed him and gave a small wave and kept going strong. I started running with this guy keeping a conversation. I noticed I dropped under 8 minutes again. I told him I was going to slow up a tad and he kept going in front of me. Glad I let him (the view was great)! I stayed strong and As soon as I came over the finish line I realized I never put my timing chip on. There’s that black cloud again! Dear lord! I quickly saw the volunteer and told her. She jotted down my time. I then went over the race director after they had my finish time and was able to tell them what my start time was on my garmin. Sucks I won’t know how long the swim took me. Ughhhh.I felt something funny one last time in the ankle after I finished, but it subsided again. I iced that night and in the morning it felt okay.
What would you do differently?:

kinda tough to do things different when you almost feel like something is wrong with a body part
Post race

Last updated: 2011-11-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 1640 yards | / 100yards
Age Group: 0/103
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
someone forgot to wear their timing chip!!!! duh
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:36:50 | 24.85 miles | 15.40 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
01:03:07 | 06.55 miles | 09m 38s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-05-30 11:37 AM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: American Triple-T Ohio - Race #3: Olympic PM
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » American Triple-T Ohio - Race #3: Olympic PM Rss Feed