United States
Ohio River Road Runners Club
Sunny
Total Time = 41m 52s
Overall Rank = 62/192
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 4/6
Pre-race routine:

Let's see. Earlier in the day I played two sets of tennis (won 6-0,6-0) and then had a bunch of unhealthy Mexican food for lunch. The stage was set for a great race! I arrived an hour early and still encountered some crazy parking issues, but I snuck into a spot on the grass.
Event warmup:

I sat on my butt in the grass for 30 minutes.
Run
  • 41m 52s
  • 5.1 miles
  • 08m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

I was really happy with this race. I started out nice and easy because I thought I would just use it as a training day for the Sept. marathon but of course my competitiveness came out and I took it up a notch. I think my experience on this course really paid off because I knew when the hills were coming and I knew how to take the downhill steps. I really enjoyed the course change from a 10K to a 5 miler. Rather than having to do two loops (and the huge hills twice) you only had to do the hills at the end once. And I owned those hills. The last mile a few people passed me and I thought, well, I'll see you on the hill. And I did :)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. Very happy with my run. Also, it was the driest I've ever seen it at this race. Usually it can be a mud pit down at the bottom and very wet when crossing the creek.
Post race
Warm down:

3 cookies, 3 twizzlers, and a half-assed stretching routine. This is how we doooo it.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I took it easy the first mile when I was trying to convince myself to just do an easy training run. Oops.

Event comments:

Can't beat free.

Last updated: 2012-06-13 12:00 AM
Running
00:41:52 | 05.1 miles | 08m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/6
Overall: 62/192
Performance: Good
Course: A nice run through Sugarcreek Metro Park with a couple of steep hills at the end (and one really steep halfway)
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes