Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 2/
Swim
  • 11m 39s
  • 440 yards
  • 02m 39s / 100 yards
Comments:

I don't believe that I swam this slow. A lot of other people were amazed at their times on the swim. I think the swim was about 100 yards at least longer than it was supposed to be. I didn't have any problems on the swim other than getting kicked around, but I never stopped, I never had problems, I just did my steady swimming that I always do.
What would you do differently?:

Measure the swim? Swim faster of course. I gotta do something. I am not happy with the swim time.
Transition 1
  • 02m 20s
Comments:

There is really no way to know how long my T times are since there was no chip timing in this and I don't really know how to use my watch for this sort of thing.
Bike
  • 41m 18s
  • 11.7 miles
  • 17.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Like I said before, I have no idea how I did and there was no chip timing. I really think for ME, I did a great bike. It was very hilly and I kept a pretty good pace for me. I am not a very skinny girl so hauling my big butt up those hills was hard at times.

I need to work on hills.
Transition 2
  • 01m
Comments:

My legs were pretty pumped up from the bike. It was hard to get moving. I had to run up this pretty big hill in the transition to just start the run.
Run
  • 34m
  • 3.2 miles
  • 10m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

My legs were almost tost after the bike. The first part of the run was very hilly so it was tough. I walked up the hills, I tried to run as much as I could. After the half way point, I got some water and ran almost the entire way to the end...only walking a few times on particularly steep (seemingly) hills. I am a wuss. :(

not be a wuss.
Post race
Warm down:

drank a little water, ate a taco and got ready for church. I left almost immediately after the race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

lack of training...I need to do the right training I guess.

Event comments:

This was the first year for this race. I am sure in the years to come, it will be a much better race. I was disappointed without the chips...I guess I am spoiled. I felt like it would be a good race for me, but I wanted a shorter time of course! I thought I could do it today, but I guess I didn't.

Oh and it was greawt to meet some of the other BTers out there! I remember Rocketman? I think and another person - I can't think of his handle just now.

Last updated: 2006-05-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:39 | 440 yards | 02m 39s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Suit: danskin tri suit
Course: This was a counter clockwise triangle. The lake had kind of a sewage smell at times. The entrance was sandy for about 3 feet, then was 3 feet deep with muck and then the drop off. Ot was a mass start on the beach.
Start type: Run Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 02:20
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:41:18 | 11.7 miles | 17.00 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: None
Course: I was suprised at how hilly this course was! It was a big loop and every time you got going down a hill it seemed as though there was a turn you had to slow down for. It was well marked and there were people at every turn giving directions. It would have been nice to have mile markers here and there, but oh well..I have my bike computer.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01.3:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:34:00 | 03.2 miles | 10m 37s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: This was another loop run through neighborhoods. The first mile was very hilly. Either the hills seemed to spread out more after that, or my brain went numb.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-06-04 1:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA
Subject: Lake Dow Sprint Triathlon

2006-06-04 5:16 PM
in reply to: #442518

User image

Expert
New Orleans
Subject: RE: Lake Dow Sprint Triathlon
Great job Kelly! I wish I had that swim time this weekend. You did good. And way to stick it out on the run. Sounds like you had a great race and a good time. Congratulations!
2006-06-04 5:22 PM

User image

Master
Virginia Beach, VA
Great job Kelly, way to go!!!
2006-06-04 5:43 PM

User image

Pro
Woodstock,GA
You did great Kelly! That was a hard course! It was great meeting you and Don.
2006-06-05 12:47 PM

User image

Regular
China Grove, NC (Charlotte)
Times looked good to me. That bike time on the hills with a transition time thrown in is great you should be proud. Great Job!
2006-06-05 9:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Georgia
Great race and I hope I can have times like that at my first tri at Indian Springs in a few weeks.

I was a volunteer on the bike course. Your comments about the swim area and mile markers on the bike course echoed similiar comments from racers and the organizers are listening. They want to improve it for next year. Don't know about the chips though.

I'm also planning on the Peachtree City Tri so hope to meet you there.

2006-06-05 10:25 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA
Thanks!

Kelly
2006-06-05 10:26 PM
in reply to: #444333

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA
craignmcd - 2006-06-05 10:59 PM

Great race and I hope I can have times like that at my first tri at Indian Springs in a few weeks.

I was a volunteer on the bike course. Your comments about the swim area and mile markers on the bike course echoed similiar comments from racers and the organizers are listening. They want to improve it for next year. Don't know about the chips though.

I'm also planning on the Peachtree City Tri so hope to meet you there.

Yea, I know Donmck can't swim a 2:15 per 100...that just isn't in his vocabulary! That is my normal pace and he has tried to swim with me before and it is just physically impossible for him. Something was amiss there.
2006-06-08 12:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Kansas
Hey, 1st year for the course, now you have a PB for it & you can beat it next year.

It's really great your kids are paricipating in the sport too.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Dow Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed