General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Celebration Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-21 5:15 PM

User image

Regular
Malvern, PA
Subject: Celebration Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread

Who is in?  I am ready to take out my aggression on this course after an epic fail at Eagleman.

Looks like we'll be swimming in bath water again...

2012-06-21 5:19 PM
in reply to: #4274257

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Celebration Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread
I'll see ya there, and second on the bath water, faster T1 i guess
2012-06-21 10:44 PM

Baltimore, MD
I'm in for my second year.  This was my first (and only) tri last year, so I'm anxious to see if I've improved.  If all goes well, I'll be looking for another one to do later in the year.
2012-06-22 7:10 AM

I'm in, this will be my first triathlon ever. I am still learning how to swim properly so I'm just really focused on getting through that .62 miles... if I can do that I am looking forward to enjoying the ride and the run and soaking it all in.
2012-06-25 11:22 AM

Baltimore, MD

Hope everyone had a good race.  The weather wasn't too bad considereing how hot it was last week.  The event was well run and I didn't see any issues.  I'll certainly look to do more events with CTA.

I was managed to come in 3rd in my AG for the swim, so I was pleased about that.  One of the guys ahead of me was 2nd overall in the race so I can't complain.  My bike and run times were both faster than last year so I was able to shave off about 9 minutes from my total time.  Hopefully next year I can add another 1mph to my bike average and cut my run time to something at least mid-pack.

2012-06-25 1:54 PM

It was my first tri. I was really nervous since I just really learned how to "swim" properly a few weeks ago. I had never open swam before, so I didn't know what to expect. I started to the right and the back of my wave and freestyled about 10 strokes and felt pretty good. Then I took a huge gulp of water, couldn't seem to get anywhere, and got over to the first kayak. I really considered just giving it up, but then I thought of all the time and money I have invested, and all the people I told, and I decided to push on. Made it to the next kayak, and then I went the whole rest of the way without stopping. It was the ugliest combo of sidestroke and doggy paddle ever, but I finished it. But I think the inefficient swimming really drained me and I was dead the rest of the race. But I know what I need to work on and get better. My time was terrible, but I wasn't last, and I'm more proud of my finish than any marathon or half-marathon I've done. Can't wait to sign up for my next one.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Celebration Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed