Acworth, Georgia
United States
PT Solutions Sports
Total Time = 1h 32m 14s
Overall Rank = 84/435
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 11/39
Pre-race routine:

Second race of the weekend. Woke up a little early. Weird start to the day because the family is in DC, so I am home alone. English muffin with peanut butter and lots of coffee.
Event warmup:

Easy registration and T setup. Lots of time before the start of the race. I swam the 600M course to loosen up. The sighting on the final leg was tricky. I am glad I spent the time figuring it out as it paid off during the race. I walked from the exit to my rack. Some one put a pink X outside of our row. Very nice.
Swim
  • 08m 26s
  • 547 yards
  • 01m 32s / 100 yards
Comments:

This was a good swim. Kinda felt like I needed to redeem myself after yesterday's average swim. I raced this one and was fully engaged. I drove hard to get to the first marker with the lead people. A few guys were really moving and it was hard work. I settled into a nice rhythm and steady 4 beat kick. At the last marker, there was about 125 yards to go. Time to party. Kicked in a 6 beat kick and picked up the pace. I think this is where I got the last few guys ahead of me in my AG. I got out of the water and it was less than 8 minutes...I ran hard to get to T-1 to make sure I had a good time.
What would you do differently?:

good swim...wonder how good it would have been if I would have actually put some yards in.
Transition 1
  • 00m 42s
Comments:

3rd fastest in AG...cool thing was I pasted two of the guys that were out of the water ahead of me! This is why transitions matter. I could have been faster as the speed suite did not come off clean.
Bike
  • 52m 57s
  • 18 miles
  • 20.40 mile/hr
Comments:

Good start with a fling leap on to the bike. Got things going, but did not over cook, until 500 yards out! I met the guy that won Indian Springs yesterday and he came flying by me. Time to race. I gave it gas and stayed with him for a few miles. I had to back off some as the hills were starting to hurt and hamstrings were a concern. The highway section was really fast. Long grinder up a hill to a sharp turn to head back. A guys was yelling slow down sharp turn...everyone was moving really slow up the hill. LOL. Jammed all the way back. Pushed a few hills. Feet out of shoes after turning on to the park road. Kept speed up to the line and jumped off and ran to rack.

I have not put the miles in lately. So, I just could not work the hills properly.
Transition 2
  • 00m 42s
Comments:

Jump off was good and run to rack was fine. Sat down to put on shoes once again! I do not care any more. Ran hard to the exit. I noticed that I beat a guy out that was 15 sec. or so ahead of me going into T2.
Run
  • 29m 28s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

The run hurt right away. No big deal, just grin and bear it. At 1.5 miles, the wheels fell off. I started cramping on the hamstrings. I had to slow way down or a melt down was going to happen. I managed it the best I could. Funny moment: we turn in the downtown area and a worker yells "just a quarter of mile, just get it done." A guy behind me takes off and thinks the finish line is just around the next corner. Nope. Turn the corner and it is up a hill, take two more turns then enter a long stretch to the line. The guy dies half way up the hill. I passed him and said "quarter mile my ass" and the guys say "F me I am going to run back and kick her ass". LOL. Finish shoot was great. Lots of people and noise.

Not race the day before?
Post race
Warm down:

drank some gator-aid and water. Had some food then walked a mile back to T area.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

racing the day before. Even so, I swam faster and biked faster.

Event comments:

PT solutions and GA Multisport really did a great job of improving over last year. This one may become a regular race.

Last updated: 2012-01-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:26 | 547 yards | 01m 32s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/39
Overall: 0/435
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:42
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:52:57 | 18 miles | 20.40 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/39
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:42
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:29:28 | 03.11 miles | 09m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/39
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-06-24 9:43 PM

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
Subject: PT Solutions Allatoona Triathlon

2012-06-24 10:09 PM
in reply to: #4278144

User image

Extreme Veteran
Acworth, GA
Subject: RE: PT Solutions Allatoona Triathlon

Stout Race captin, especially on Day#2 following another Sprint at full speed - way to work. 

Love the T-2, I just don't care anymore - 42 seconds is still motoring through it efficiently.  Maybe next year I'll join you back on the pavement, nah - playing in the dirt with Xterra is just too much fun....

2012-06-25 10:17 AM
in reply to: #4278144

User image

Regular
Smyrna (ATL)
Subject: RE: PT Solutions Allatoona Triathlon
Nice job.  I was laughing at the guy yelling slow down. I was hurting going up that hill...but after that was a nice downhill to fly down.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » PT Solutions Allatoona Triathlon Rss Feed