General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-24 10:13 AM

Subject: Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations

I'm looking for a swim coach that provides one-on-one sessions or small group sessions. I've looked on the forum but haven't come up with much information. My skill level is intermediate, meaning I'm ok at freestyle and I'm comfortable doing laps in a 50m pool. The problem is I need a coach to help me improve my stroke. I haven't been swimming regularly because I don't want to develop bad swimming form. Can anybody recommend a swim coach in the DC Metro area? Are there any swim groups for beginners or intermediate swimmers? Websites or other resources?

Thanks!

- Wole

2012-08-06 3:09 PM
in reply to: #4327694

User image

Extreme Veteran
metro DC
Subject: RE: Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations
ookunsei - 2012-07-24 11:13 AM

I'm looking for a swim coach that provides one-on-one sessions or small group sessions. I've looked on the forum but haven't come up with much information. My skill level is intermediate, meaning I'm ok at freestyle and I'm comfortable doing laps in a 50m pool. The problem is I need a coach to help me improve my stroke. I haven't been swimming regularly because I don't want to develop bad swimming form. Can anybody recommend a swim coach in the DC Metro area? Are there any swim groups for beginners or intermediate swimmers? Websites or other resources?

Thanks!

- Wole

You ever swum with CUBU masters? Good coaching from most of their coaches, in my experience...

2012-08-07 1:39 PM

User image

Veteran

I hear Michael Phelps is retiring and he is from Baltimore....LoL!  Just kidding.  I think one of the best things you could do is to go to an aquatic/swim center nearest to your location and watch those high school or even masters swim coaches, talk to them and just by talking to them you will know if they will meet your needs or better yet, join a masters group....

I suck at swimming only having learned 2 years ago via total immersion DVDs and self taught.  My best time is 2:18/100 yards and though I do not have money to pay a coach, I will dedicaate this winter to swimming and trying to eliminate the drag I am causing.  Presently training for half IM distance B2B this October and for now, I'm okay with 2:18 time. 

2012-08-08 12:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frederick, Maryland
ookunsei - 2012-07-24 11:13 AM

Thanks!

- Wole

Not sure where you're located but if you're not too far away, check with Doug Saar in Ellicott City - www.swim4purpose.com. He has private and semi-private sessions.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Swim Coach Recommendations Rss Feed