General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Square Lake Long Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2012-09-11 11:41 AM
in reply to: #4404849

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Square Lake Long Course

Congrats! Dan. Man you looked strong with that pace on the way back.

silentcs42 - 2012-09-10 9:52 PM

I had the swim at 1.25, bike at 54.5, and run at 12.8. They advertise 1.2, 54 and 13, so they were pretty close this year.

I cannot tell you how stoked I was to see the turnaround at 10k on my watch. I did not want to run up that hill. I think I cried a little. 

2012-09-11 12:30 PM
in reply to: #4348372

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove

My phone GPS showed 56.22 for the bike (definitely long!) and 12.99 for the run.

I was EXTREMELY happy with how this race went overall! My training this summer sucked due to assorted minor injuries, mainly left foot and left ITB issues. Also, I just didn't swim that much this summer, after a great winter workout season. It showed in the swim (at least based on how I felt). Probable 6-10 seconds/100yd slower than what I'm capable of.

I kept repeating Pete's mantra over and over in my head during the bike (save it for the run...save it for the run). I definitely could have gone harder, but still nearly managed 20mph. It paid dividends in the run! I was hoping to run 8:45 to 9:00/mi, but was able to push 8:23 with some gas in the tank to get to that darn finish line.  Aside from starting 10 minutes late, I thought it was very well organized. On the bike, the intersection of Olinda and 95 didn't have a volunteer or cop on my second lap (at least that I noticed). That's probably the most dangerous intersection on the course and should have a cop and at least 2-3 volunteers. Overall, it was a very relaxed atmosphere (my wife come up to me in T2 in the transition area and started chatting with me, and my kids and my friend's kids ran accross the finish line with me), and otherwise seemed great. Water volunteers were wonderful, very encouraging.

Definitely a fun race. I just might be willing to do a Randy Race again (particularly with my free entry for volunteering Saturday!) Great to see Pete, Carl, and Chris (Hydro). Sorry I didn't have much chance to chat.

Now on to TC marathon training....Hooray!!

2012-09-11 2:30 PM
in reply to: #4405842

User image

Regular

I know what you're talking about the intersection of Olinda and 95. Coming down fast and turn right. I had to slow down and watch for fast cars coming before the turn. Kinda dangerous there.

My time is like in a water balloon. At beginning of season, I was swimming well and my run sucks. Now my swimming sucks and my run is good but little by little I'm shaving off good time from the start.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Square Lake Long Course Rss Feed  

of 3