Seven Sisters & 2 brothers road races
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 27m 55s
Overall Rank = 211/460
Age Group = M25-29
Age Group Rank = 14/17
Pre-race routine:

First day of vacation. Woke up early and had half a banana and a glass of water. Walked from our beach house to race start which is about a mile long. Registered on sight and stood around for 5 minutes before the race started.
Event warmup:

hung out with some friends and told myself that today's race would be a PR. Also tried not to worry about the heat and just focus on the fast and flat course.
Run
  • 27m 55s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

I havent run a stand alone 5K in about a year. Last time I ran a 5k was last summer and I set a PR at 30:58. I have lost more weight since then and increased my training so I new I wanted to set a PR and go sub 30. It was hot out but I have run this course before so I new where I was at all times. I started out a little too fast and my first mile split was 8:30 and my next mile split was 9:00. I finished strong and new I was sub 30 and made the last 200 sprint to the finish to go sub 28mins.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, I had a great race and met all of my expectations. Continue to train and I will get faster.
Post race
Warm down:

grabbed a bag of ice and put it over my head while I drank some gatorade and water. Waited for about 4 minutes until my girlfriend and friend crossed the finish line and then we went to get some post race food and hung out on the deck of the Rusty Rudder over looking the bay. Felt good post race and enjoyed the view and food from the After party.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I will get faster but I guess work on speed intervals.

Event comments:

I go on vacation to Dewey Beach, DE the same week every year and every year I try and do a Seven Sisters running race while on vacation. The organization puts on a class act race and draws alot of support from the community and they are always a good time. I absolutely love finishing a race and partying on the water with some amazing post race food and this race certainly does that. I will be back every year I can and I highly recommend one of this series races if you are every down the Delaware shore during the summer.

Last updated: 2012-08-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:55 | 03.11 miles | 08m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/17
Overall: 211/460
Performance: Good
Course: Fast and Flat out and back around Coastal Highway and through some neighborhoods. Was cool to run past all of the bars that I drink at while on vacation.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes