Overall Rank = 46/135
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Bike
  • 5h 42m 6s
  • 112 miles
  • 19.64 mile/hr
Comments:

I tried to write a real race report, but like last year, I just can't. So here's the snippets.

1. It was wet and windy almost all day. Crashed in the neutral section at Ala Moana. Must have been oil on the road. I was fine, but a few of the other 25 or so that went down were not.

2. Got dropped at Kunia. Just had no power and felt like I was riding in sand. Made a few last ditch efforts to bridge back by driving the 2nd group, but nobody wanted to work with me with the same intentions. Wouldn't have mattered anyway...the first group was hammering.

3. Did my fair share of work for the 2nd group and got in a breakaway with Ben Williams, then promptly flatted at Temple Valley.

4. Lost the 2nd group, and the police envelope, so I just TT'd the last 28 miles. Ended up catching almost half of the 2nd group and dispatched them off my rear wheel.

5. Almost everyone crashed today. It was unreal. Felt sorry for Burt who has had a tough year in races. He would have been a solid top 10 if he and Jon did not go down. The main thing is our team avoided serious injury, and we all raced hard.
What would you do differently?:

I peaked way too early this year. I planned my huge week in mid July, and felt like a million bucks in the middle of August. I largely miscalculated my PCM in WKO+, and the graph shows I am coming down from my peak even before Haleakala. Very valuable lesson learned.
Post race

Last updated: 2012-08-28 12:00 AM
Biking
05:42:06 | 112 miles | 19.64 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/135
Performance: Below average
Wind: Strong
Course:
Road: Rough Wet Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: