General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » ChesapeakeMan Ultra Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-10 1:41 PM

User image

New user

Subject: ChesapeakeMan Ultra Triathlon : Official Thread

This is my first iron-distance race and I'm starting get a bit nervous. Is anyone else here doing the race? It sure would be nice to know someone at the start line.

(Any last minute tips would also be appreciated!)

2012-09-10 3:25 PM
in reply to: #4403901

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: ChesapeakeMan Ultra Triathlon : Official Thread
It is my first as well!  I did the bike course the other week and it is pancake flat and gorgeous.
2012-09-10 6:15 PM

love77 I am doing the Aqua Velo as prep for IM FL however have done a few IMs. Relax, have confidence in your training, have reasonable goals for your first such as finishing in good shape. I am happy to answer any specific questions although raced Eagleman only once (same/similar) course.
2012-09-10 8:31 PM

User image

New user

My biggest concern is how rough is the swim? I just can't seem to get my open water swimming under control until after about 1000m.
2012-09-10 8:34 PM

User image

New user

Dmiller5, I'm guessing you are from the area? How is the bike shop they have listed as the official shop? I'm planning to have my bike shipped there and put together. Good plan?
2012-09-10 8:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Is it Princeton Sports?  In my experience they are competent, not the very best shop around, but I would certainly trust them with my bike.  The best shop that I know around here is All American Bicycle Center in Damascus, MD.  It is pretty far from the race site however so I am not sure if that would really be an option for you.

2012-09-25 1:20 AM
in reply to: #4404738

I'm guessing your flying into BWI, if so that is great you will be going right past the Bike Doctor of Arnold,  hands down go to the bike doctor in Arnold. If possiable try to get Steve Ruck he is the senior guy.   I did a bike fit their and I'm also renting zipp 404's from them for the race.   no experience with the bike doctor in Annapolis, MD but I can tell you their are not the same owners.  Princeton is the sponsor of tri columbia club, no service experance and out of your way.

The course - the steepest hill you will see is coming out of the water at the boat ramp not joking.  I have ridden the course a few time in the past few months and lived on Hudson street for a year, it is very nice.  Just don't step off the road to relieve yourself you will be right back in the water. Again not joking. Andrews road is a little bumpy like wash boarding but it's just for a small stretch.

This is my first ultra distance so that is why I'm sitting up at 2:00am with 4 days to go.

2012-09-30 8:47 AM

User image

Elite
I hope you all did well!! I only did Skipjack and I was so thankful not to go out in that wind a second loop.
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » ChesapeakeMan Ultra Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed