General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brotherhood of the yellow sock Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-19 12:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Brotherhood of the yellow sock

I'm doing my first HIM in 10 days., Augusta

Based on my long bike rides and hydration nutrition plan I've practices I will have to pee at least 2 times on the bike...

So Far I've been training on a bike trail and I just pull over and pee on a deserted part of the trail... this is not going to work on a HIM with 3500 other competitiors....

I'm planning on wearing a 2XU long course tri suit for the whole event...

So my question is ... if you just pee on the bike doesn't that cause a a irritation rubbing wetness  problem?

If I join the brotherhood of the yellow sock what sort of chafing problems will I have in a tri suit?

What should I do ahead of time to combat this?

Triathalon the only sport where peeing on yourself in public is encouraged/ a badge of honor...?????

WTF is wrong with us?

2012-09-19 1:02 PM
in reply to: #4418771

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, MN
Subject: RE: Brotherhood of the yellow sock

I've peed myself on the run during HIMs with no problems, try to do it close to an aid station if possible and dump some water "down there".  I just did IMWI and peed myself on the bike for the first time.  I ended up doing it 6-7 times.  I was wearing Desoto 400 mile tri shorts and had no chafing issues.  It did help me to get out of the saddle and keep the leg straight that would get the run off.  I never did rinse off while on the bike.  

Good luck!  

2012-09-19 3:08 PM

User image

Regular
Boston

A few thoughts here:

-in training, I wait for a gentle, safe downhill, and just pee off to the side without stopping the bike- i kind of pull my shorts down and rotate off to the side a bit.  The trick is to find a long, gentle hill with no turns so you can be safe.

-In racing I just let it rip with as little disruption as possible.  I find that racing is such a sweaty experience that I never get any chafe, everything is already soaked already

-When running in a race the one thing I try to do is avoid peeing into my shoes, as wet shoes give me blisters and are heavy- it can be done.  Im typically pouring so much water on myself during the run at aid stations that it all rinses off very fast.

2012-09-19 5:23 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Just remember.  It is perfectly respectable to save it for the port-a-potties.  Don't let people in forums convince that it is more admirable to just let it go...unless you *absolutely* have to.  Nobody looks cool when they pee on themselves.
2012-09-19 6:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
That's not what Billy Madison said.  He said all the cool kids were doing it.
2012-09-19 6:44 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member

Be glad you're a guy and don't have to worry about the sisterhood of the pink sock....

Just two words of advice for either gender.......black socks.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brotherhood of the yellow sock Rss Feed