Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Who is watching the VP debate tonight? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2012-10-15 12:03 PM
in reply to: #4452382

User image

Subject: RE: Who is watching the VP debate tonight?
JoshR - 2012-10-13 6:25 AM
crusevegas - 2012-10-12 4:51 PM
mr2tony - 2012-10-12 10:42 AM
JoshR - 2012-10-12 11:46 AM

In the interest of not having this thread die down...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49387561

Thus, there is no difference between either of these candidates.

At least he represented his constituency, then. And is representing them now, too. It's all about who one's courting at the time.

So if I understand what you are getting at, since he opposed and voted against the stimulus & ObamaCare, he shouldn't on behalf of the people he represents help them benefit from the legislation?

Could you explain to me why?

This is direct at both JoshR & Tony

Because it ruins his public persona as a fiscal conservative. It shows that he doesn't care for his principles as much as everyone claims. Just like his voting for the prescription drug coverage under the Bush administration. You can't go around saying something is bad in public and then turn around and ask for the same thing.

Drinking is wrong and should be banned in this country. Now, can I have a nice bottle of chardonnay to share with the wife for dinner.

Josh I understand what you are saying and while I agree the PDC was yet another bad idea it has nothing to do with the question at hand.

What you are saying or at least implying is pretty much the same as saying since Ryan voted against ObamaCare his constituents should not be able to receive ANY BENEFITS from ObamaCare but should still have to pay the taxes that are imposed on them from it.

2012-10-15 12:36 PM
in reply to: #4454148

User image

Elite
Boise
crusevegas - 2012-10-15 11:03 AM
JoshR - 2012-10-13 6:25 AM
crusevegas - 2012-10-12 4:51 PM
mr2tony - 2012-10-12 10:42 AM
JoshR - 2012-10-12 11:46 AM

In the interest of not having this thread die down...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49387561

Thus, there is no difference between either of these candidates.

At least he represented his constituency, then. And is representing them now, too. It's all about who one's courting at the time.

So if I understand what you are getting at, since he opposed and voted against the stimulus & ObamaCare, he shouldn't on behalf of the people he represents help them benefit from the legislation?

Could you explain to me why?

This is direct at both JoshR & Tony

Because it ruins his public persona as a fiscal conservative. It shows that he doesn't care for his principles as much as everyone claims. Just like his voting for the prescription drug coverage under the Bush administration. You can't go around saying something is bad in public and then turn around and ask for the same thing.

Drinking is wrong and should be banned in this country. Now, can I have a nice bottle of chardonnay to share with the wife for dinner.

Josh I understand what you are saying and while I agree the PDC was yet another bad idea it has nothing to do with the question at hand.

What you are saying or at least implying is pretty much the same as saying since Ryan voted against ObamaCare his constituents should not be able to receive ANY BENEFITS from ObamaCare but should still have to pay the taxes that are imposed on them from it.

I think there's a big difference in the 2 items. However, I should have clarified a bit more. His letters talked about how the stimulus would help boost the economy and then he says they did nothing. Then he lied about asking for the money. That's where the real problem is. I'll leave you with his direct quote.

"I'm not one who votes for something and then writes to the government to ask them to send us money"

2012-10-15 12:55 PM
in reply to: #4454202

User image

JoshR - 2012-10-15 10:36 AM
crusevegas - 2012-10-15 11:03 AM

I think there's a big difference in the 2 items. However, I should have clarified a bit more. His letters talked about how the stimulus would help boost the economy and then he says they did nothing. Then he lied about asking for the money. That's where the real problem is. I'll leave you with his direct quote.

"I'm not one who votes for something and then writes to the government to ask them to send us money"

In reality I see very little difference between the two scenarios.

The way he handled it and even the way he handled it in the debate is another topic.

Once the bill is passed those are the rules that are in effect and have to be followed.

Is it possible that the bill overall was bad legislation (at least in Ryan's opinion) and that those he were applying for would actually create jobs and be a benefit to his constituents and his state? I'm not saying that's the case, I just asking you if this is a possibility.

Edited to try and clarify the quote and who is saying what,

Edited by crusevegas 2012-10-15 12:59 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Who is watching the VP debate tonight? Rss Feed  

of 5