Flip Flop Events
73F / 23C
Precipitation
Total Time = 08m
Overall Rank = 35/139
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/10
Pre-race routine:

Arrived at 6:00am to find out that I had missed an email in the morning that everything (including transition opening) had been delayed 30 minutes. The life guards wouldn't let anyone on the deck with lightening, so we had to stand outside waiting for transition to open. Luckily it wasn't raining at this point and no one was hit by lightening. It was actually really beautiful to watch. Got into transition and got the best spot! Picked up my chip and went to wait inside by the pool (lifeguards had changed their minds and were now letting people in). It was nice and warm inside, but raining and cold outside. I had my stuff covered with a plastic bag. We had to all go back outside for the pre-race meeting and to line up my numbers for the swim start. It was cold and not the best part of the race. They did go over how to pass or be passed during the swim, and from all the swimming I watched it looked like it went pretty well. Hung out with Hilde a bit and then finally time to get going.
Event warmup:

Couldn't get in the water due to the lightening, skipped warming up.
Swim
  • 08m 9s
  • 400 yards
  • 02m / 100 yards
Comments:

This was my first pool swim and I loved it. It felt so organized and calm compared to OW. We went up and back in each lane and then changed lane after 50. The person behind me caught up to me right around 100m, near the wall. Let her pass me at the wall and then I didn't have anyone behind me for over 25m, so I felt nice and calm the remainder of the race. I did lose count of laps and thought I had another 50 left when I finished. It was a nice surprise.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Walked through the pool area since it was slippery and then tried to move it a little faster once outside. The bag covering my stuff had blown off and my shoes and socks were soaking wet. Timing didn't have T1/T2 times, but it was average.
Bike
  • 37m 17s
  • 11 miles
  • 17.70 mile/hr
Comments:

Time includes T1 & T2. It was a little wet starting out, but the rain had stopped and the sun was coming up. The road was a little wet, but not bad. Due to the swim start, the bike course was nice and spread out with bikers. I hadn't looked over the course before, so there were a few times where I was a little confused on where to go. Course had some rollers, one main hill (not bad at all) and one nice downhill. A few miles were on the toll road access. I didn't notice cars coming by, but the road did have a lot of glass on it and I was a bit nervous about running over some. All in all, I enjoyed the bike course.
What would you do differently?:

I slowed down a little due to the wet roads and wanted to have something left for the run, I think I might have been able to push it a little more.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Went smoothly.
Run
  • 34m 59s
  • 3.8 miles
  • 09m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

The sun was out by now and there was no shade! I was glad to have my water with me. The course felt good and my running felt good. Got to run with Hilde for a little bit around the half-way point, which was a fun change! This was the best I have felt to date on a tri-run. I just tried to have fun and enjoy it all.
What would you do differently?:

Course was listed as 4 miles, but my garmin had it closer to 3.8.
Post race
Warm down:

Went to cheer Hilde in and hung out for her a little. Then I headed out to go catch up with my daughter who was finishing her tri on the other side of town.

It was a small tri, but I was excited for my first age group placing. I also placed 4th amount the women (out of 60), so that was exciting too!

Event comments:

I really liked the venue and felt like it was put together well. But it is bare-bones. There was nothing to eat or drink after the race (okay, there was a sponsor giving out those flax chips...but really that shouldn't count.) You could got back to one of the water stops (that was near) and get a glass of water, but no fruit or drinks. Race bags also included a shirt and some ads, no other goodies. That being said, I registered early and only paid about $50. I felt it was a good race for that price, but for any more than that I would have needed some oranges or bananas at the finish.

Last updated: 2012-08-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:09 | 400 yards | 02m / 100yards
Age Group: 0/10
Overall: 66/139
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 87F / 31C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:37:17 | 11 miles | 17.70 mile/hr
Overall: 20/139
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Time includes T1 & T2. It was a little wet starting out, but the rain had stopped and the sun was coming up. The road was a little wet, but not bad. Due to the swim start, the bike course was nice and spread out with bikers. I hadn't looked over the course before, so there were a few times where I was a little confused on where to go. Course had some rollers, one main hill (not bad at all) and one nice downhill. A few miles were on the toll road access. I didn't notice cars coming by, but the road did have a lot of glass on it and I was a bit nervous about running over some. All in all, I enjoyed the bike course.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:34:59 | 03.8 miles | 09m 13s  min/mile
Overall: 0/139
Performance:
Course: Two laps around the park. Mostly flat dirt trail, some sidewalks. A few hills, but nothing super long.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Bad
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-10-18 2:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: Georgetown Super Sprint #3

2012-10-18 3:25 PM
in reply to: #4459440

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Georgetown Super Sprint #3
Holy smokes look at you! 1st AG, 4th OA w00t w00t!
2012-10-19 6:15 AM
in reply to: #4459600

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: Georgetown Super Sprint #3
Oh yeah you smoked it!!  Love to see how we'd do if it was DRY on the bike!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Georgetown Super Sprint #3 Rss Feed