General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Car/SUV for PAIR of STANDING Tri Bikes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-04-15 1:10 PM
in reply to: #4691900

New user

Subject: RE: Car/SUV for PAIR of STANDING Tri Bikes

Wow! Thank you for all of the suggestions (and I'm sure others benefited as well).

Tested the Hyundai Santa Fe (extended) over the weekend and my 56" Felt B16 fit standing up, but partly because there's a space between the 2nd/3rd row to drop the fork down into. I'd be happy with that configuration (front wheel off).

And the Honda Fit works as well! Didn't see an available saleperson, so I just put my bike in!

Going to look at the Acura MDX, GMC Acadia, and Dodge Durango soon. Anyone try those?

2013-04-15 1:33 PM
in reply to: #4692589

User image

Subject: RE: Car/SUV for PAIR of STANDING Tri Bikes
spudone - 2013-04-09 12:17 AM

cpzone - 2013-04-08 5:41 PM Mini hijack...so how does everyone keep the bike stable while standing upright?  Maybe a dumb question, but I've never even thought about this since I'm usually traveling with just one bike layed flat.

Get a pack of bungie cords and you can loop them around the frame and hook somewhere on the door / inside of the vehicle.

Bungee cords work well, but I've also seen people use old bike tubes. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Car/SUV for PAIR of STANDING Tri Bikes Rss Feed  

of 2