Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2013-04-18 5:35 PM
in reply to: #4706320

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Boston Marathon Explosions

BrianRunsPhilly - 2013-04-18 2:46 PM I just laughed out loud watching CNN. They are showing the clips over and over. The reporter says something like: We believe that they either placed one device and then placed the other, or they placed them separately. My brain hurts.

Someone was going through photos on CNN yesterday and discussed a bag that was outside the fence in one picture (on the course), then in another picture taken an hour later, it was on the inside of the fence.  Then speculated "could this be the device?"  "Are we actually looking at the device here?".

Speculation was nauseating.

NO.  It wasn't.  The bomb was not at the fence, it was closer to the wall.  There were routine sweeps with bomb sniffing dogs so it was placed relatively close to the time of detonation.  Wasn't in the colored bag that they already established (black).

Know what it was?  I volunteer or spectator put their bag down next to the fence.  Someone said "hey, a runner could trip on that", and move it to the spectator side....

I'm not saying the investigators shouldn't at least CONSIDER it.  But for the media to go on and on for minutes say "is this the bomb?"  I had to turn it off.

Reminds me of a South Park Episode:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e13-a-history-channel-thanksgiving

Edited by Kido 2013-04-18 5:37 PM

2013-04-18 5:40 PM
in reply to: #4706293

User image

Expert
San Luis Obispo, CA

BrianRunsPhilly - 2013-04-18 2:33 PM OK, photos are out. Let's speculate

Proof that wearing your "lid" backward makes you look stupid.

2013-04-18 6:24 PM

User image

Elite

BrianRunsPhilly - 2013-04-18 5:46 PM I just laughed out loud watching CNN. They are showing the clips over and over. The reporter says something like: We believe that they either placed one device and then placed the other, or they placed them separately. My brain hurts.

That is hilarious!  

A re-enactment with 2 moron reporters carrying backpacks would have been even better.  Do you think the reporters ever get to watch how silly they act on tv?  I know Jon Stewart does a good job of pointing out their ridiculousness.

2013-04-18 10:47 PM
in reply to: #4706417

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I can't watch this anymore

Watching CNN and the "consultants"; based on the 5 seconds of video of the two suspects and how they walk, have determined they have military and/or paramilitary training, showing superior covert tradecraft, miltary precision, confidence, etc.  Oh, and the backpack were big enough to hold something.  Wait,what?  a backpack big enough to hold something?  Go figure.  They said they practiced this route many many times...  Because they look like they knew exactly where they were going because they didn't hold maps or gps.  I don't know, everyone else walking in the video looked like they knew where they were going and didn't have maps.  I guess they were all paramilitary trained as well?

They talk with so much confidence that their speculation is true and is fact.  And if it's not?  It gets lost in the hours and hours and days of days of talk about this.  If you didn't know any better and just listened to CNN, you walk away thinking it was basically a military trained strike.  Aggrivating.  It's not the news anymore, it's theory, conjecture, speculation posing as "news".

ETA:  Now they are looking at a blowup of a new photo and say that he doesn't look concerned or aggitated and not focused on the event.  That indicates guilt.  However, there looks to be an older gentlmen in the forefront of the picture that looks like he's SMILING and not looking at the event.  Then say that his hand might be doing something (in a still photo?  (it didn't look like that, btw). 

Know what they didn't mention?  It looks like the kids no longer had his backpack...  That seems a lot more significant than if he didn't have a scared look on his face.

Again, not saying the kid didn't do it, but the media is sure he did, and selectively choosing things in video or pictures to substantiate that.  Even though other people are doing exactly the same things the suspects are in the video (or more suspicous) but don't mention that.  How embarrassed would the media be if the kid is inocent after being so sure (and reporting) they think he is paramilitary trained?  Oh, wait, not embarrassed at all. 

Edited by Kido 2013-04-18 11:13 PM
2013-04-19 6:31 AM

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL

BrianRunsPhilly - 2013-04-18 5:46 PM I just laughed out loud watching CNN. They are showing the clips over and over. The reporter says something like: We believe that they either placed one device and then placed the other, or they placed them separately. My brain hurts.

This is what happens when you are forced to talk about a subject with limited facts for 30/40/50+ mins.  You just start saying stupid stuff.  (Here's a suggestion.... move on to a new subject...)

I caught about 5 mins of MSNBC this AM (shudder) and the woman must have said that suspect #2 had a MA drivers license like 10 or 15  times.  Yeah, we get it...

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Boston Marathon Explosions Rss Feed  

of 8