General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT Advanced IM training plan - comments Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-16 12:11 PM

User image

Veteran
In T1 looking for my Schwinn Huffy
Subject: BT Advanced IM training plan - comments
Would be interested in feedback from anyone who used the 17 week advanced plan...pros, cons, etc.  thanks

2013-05-16 12:25 PM
in reply to: #4745404

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: BT Advanced IM training plan - comments

I used it for one of mine a couple years ago.  It worked then since I wasn't working and was able to more comfortably do some of the longer mid week workouts.  There are 3.5 hour rides and 2.5 hours runs mid week at times. 

I don't think I could do it now with work getting in the way.  I like the way the intermediate plan is laid out for a working person.  Really nothing over 90 minutes during the week.

It's also starts off pretty intense.  Better be in pretty solid shape (like coming off an HIM) before diving in, IMO.

As for mixing it up and a "fun" plan?  I liked it.

2013-05-16 2:30 PM
in reply to: #4745404

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada
Subject: RE: BT Advanced IM training plan - comments

I and a training buddy of mine followed it last year.  I felt like it was designed for someone who is a strong runner.  I am not a strong runner, my friend is.  I had a lot of trouble with the run training and a few minor injuries prevented me from following the plan fully and I paid for it during the race.  My buddy crushed both his IM and IM Marathon records (his 7th attempt) on his way to a 10:18.  

Both of us felt like there wasn't enough run frequency in it.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BT Advanced IM training plan - comments Rss Feed