Other Resources The Political Joe » Now, some unions upset over Obamacare Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-24 6:07 AM

User image

Subject: Now, some unions upset over Obamacare

2013-05-24 7:35 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Now, some unions upset over Obamacare

There's definitely going to be a lot of interesting things over the next year as the supporters finally get to "see what's in the bill".

I just finished reading this editorial on IBD.  I didn't realize how many insurance company's are skipping the exchanges all together.  double oops.

Are ObamaCare's 'Markets' Doomed To Fail?

2013-05-27 6:44 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Elite
I'm actually quite shocked legislation was rammed through without favorable terms for unions. How in the world did they miss that? I mean, if they could not even get that right...wow!
2013-05-28 8:46 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Best quote of the article, from the president of the Roofers union:

"In the rush to achieve its passage, many of the act's provisions were not fully conceived, resulting in unintended consequences that are inconsistent with the promise that those who were satisfied with their employer-sponsored coverage could keep it," Robinson said."

He's just realizing this now?

2013-05-29 9:19 AM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

It's interesting, because this is exactly one of the concerns voiced by opponents in the past that was poo poo'd by supporters.

I'm constantly amazed that there are people who think there's such a thing as a free lunch.  All the great benefits and promises of Obamacare are good, but someone needs to pay for them.  How can anyone possibly not question how it's going to be paid for, and not see the obvious effects that economic forces will have?

Of course, this isn't any different from thousands of pieces of legislation that are proposed annually nationwide that don't provide for adequate funding mechanisms.  The biggest difference is this one actually passed.

2013-05-31 1:16 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

Master
, California
Originally posted by TriMyBest

It's interesting, because this is exactly one of the concerns voiced by opponents in the past that was poo poo'd by supporters.

I'm constantly amazed that there are people who think there's such a thing as a free lunch.  All the great benefits and promises of Obamacare are good, but someone needs to pay for them.  How can anyone possibly not question how it's going to be paid for, and not see the obvious effects that economic forces will have?

Of course, this isn't any different from thousands of pieces of legislation that are proposed annually nationwide that don't provide for adequate funding mechanisms.  The biggest difference is this one actually passed.

Who thinks there's a free lunch?  I don't think you'll find anyone saying that, even liberals.  The core focus of conservative opposition to the law was based around the individual mandate, which is there to bring in more revenue.  Many of the other complaints revolve around perceived additional costs to small businesses.

2013-06-14 1:30 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

From that bastion of right winged slanted news, the Huffington Post, it's an article about one of the perceived additional costs:

Obamacare Glitch Could Make Coverage Unaffordable For Low-Wage Workers
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/obamacare-glitch-unafforda...
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Now, some unions upset over Obamacare Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Defending Obamacare Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by TriRSquared
Views: 10679 Posts: 102

2013-05-31 7:51 AM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 29, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
This discussion focuses on gastrointestinal (GI) upset on the bike and run and several ways to alleviate the issue.

date : September 3, 2005
author : bflrich
comments : 0
You’re probably not going to get it just right immediately. Like always, just do the best you can and keep on keeping on. Don’t get upset if you don’t hit the target every time.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Dillion
comments : 1
If anyone is considering expanding their horizons and getting into doing an Ironman distance or ½ Ironman distance race, there are many tips and tricks that can help in having a pleasant experience.