General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open water training for Loveland Lake to Lake near Denver Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-29 12:50 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Open water training for Loveland Lake to Lake near Denver
Hi all,

I'm Monica, still an amateur but I've got three triathlons under my belt. It's been a while since I've been in open water, and I'd like to do an organized clinic or swim/run event in the Denver area. I've been training for the Loveland Lake to Lake Olympic Tri on June 22, 2013, and I need to get a couple open water swims in as a refresher.

Just wanted to put a feeler out there to see if anyone has a recommended location or group to swim with. I'm having trouble getting in touch with Aurora Dip 'n' Dash organizers, but I hear good things about the Boulder Stroke 'n' Stride, as well as Grant Ranch swimming through Mile High Multisport.

Also, if anyone else is doing the Loveland L2L, say hi!

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks, and happy training to all!

Monica

2013-05-29 10:30 PM
in reply to: radmon8

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
Subject: RE: Open water training for Loveland Lake to Lake near Denver
Monica,

Grant Ranch has a really nice OWS program and I believe the do a clinic or two each year (although might not be before Lake to Lake). They're coordinated through Mile High Multisport. Very cool and friendly folks that do this. Here's the link to their registration page:
http://www.milehighmultisport.com/open-water-swimming/about/

Boulder Stroke and Stride has a series of swims followed by a run one night a week. This is a really well run series and they also do clinics from time to time:
http://www.racingunderground.com/strokestride/

I'm not doing Lake to Lake this year, but did it last year and despite some changes due to all of the fires and some construction around the race site it was a great event. Here's my race report from last year if you're interested:

http://trited.blogspot.com/2012/06/l2l-triathlon-rr.html

Good luck with your race!
2013-05-30 1:38 PM
in reply to: tedjohn

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Open water training for Loveland Lake to Lake near Denver
Thanks Ted. That was very helpful. Awesome job on your last L2L, too!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open water training for Loveland Lake to Lake near Denver Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lake Placid - Betsy Owens Memorial open water swim t his weekend

Started by AdventureBear
Views: 945 Posts: 1

2010-08-09 4:38 PM AdventureBear

Open water swimming near Fresno, CA?

Started by kimberlys
Views: 817 Posts: 2

2005-09-19 6:01 PM marlene

Loveland Lake to Lake

Started by COgirl
Views: 591 Posts: 6

2005-06-24 10:34 PM jnarenki

open water training

Started by tennvol
Views: 638 Posts: 3

2004-07-10 10:41 PM cleozepp

Open Water versus Pool Training

Started by jkerbs
Views: 1350 Posts: 24

2004-05-21 2:03 PM debs
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2012
author : dilletaunt
comments : 5
Another year, another excuse in missing the Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
comments : 2
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.

date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
comments : 2
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.