Overcast
Total Time = 55m 6s
Overall Rank = 83/336
Age Group = F25-29
Age Group Rank = 2/28
Pre-race routine:

bagel and water for food/drink
Event warmup:

Got dropped off about a mile from race site and walked/jogged rest of the way. Once there tried to stay active through walking and stretching.
Run
  • 55m 6s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 09m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

My first race on trails!
Started off with what I thought was comfortable and sustainable. Much of the trail was not wide enough to really comfortably pass. There were a couple times I stayed behind people thinking perhaps it was a good pace if not a bit on the slow side. But I figured they were keeping my pace in check so I contently stayed behind until there was room to pass.
The last mile seemed never ending. Lots of twist and turns, lots of ups (and I guess a few downs?) I kept thinking "is this the last hill" but it never was.
Of course any hill to me seems monumental :-p but generally none of the hills were very long or really steep.

This was somewhat of a test run. I am so happy that my hamstring/hip adductors/glutes did not act up during the run!! I was a bit nervous about that. Maybe I am in the clear?! (Knock on wood!!!) I can still feel a bit of something with some of my hip adductors, but I believe it is very good news my hamstring and glutes are seemingly (keyword!) out of the picture! Hope it stays that way!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. I probably could have gone a bit harder in the last two miles but I think I got a good first trail race experience!
Post race
Warm down:

Mostly walked, jogged a little, about 3 miles towards home.

Last updated: 2013-06-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:55:06 | 06.2 miles | 09m 01s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/28
Overall: 83/336
Performance: Good
Course: Lakeshore Park (city park).. on mountain bike and hiking trails.. mostly single track.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2013-06-11 5:33 PM

User image

Expert
MI
Subject: Flirt with Dirt 10K Trail Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Flirt with Dirt 10K Trail Run Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Orangeman Running Series - San Juan Hills Trail Run 10K

Started by Lar Dog
Views: 636 Posts: 1

2013-03-17 1:32 PM Lar Dog

Flirt With Dirt 10k

Started by wyldrunner
Views: 981 Posts: 1

2012-06-15 4:18 PM wyldrunner

Orangeman Running Series - San Juan Hills Trail Run 10K

Started by jpf5911
Views: 1109 Posts: 1

2012-02-21 10:03 PM jpf5911

Flirt with Dirt

Started by DLR1
Views: 898 Posts: 1

2010-09-02 1:42 PM DLR1

Muddy Trails 10k trail run

Started by antlimon166
Views: 1522 Posts: 2

2010-04-05 5:42 PM BigDH
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : July 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
I can train for half marathons on pavement and on trails, but as soon as I change it up to gravel or loose dirt my knee swells and the pain it causes is unreal. Any ideas why this happens?
date : October 29, 2008
author : mrakes1
Triathlon nutrition discussions on trail mixes and calories, regular skim milk vs. organic skim milk vs. soy milk and whey protein.

date : April 16, 2008
author : Team BT
Watch Christina Robeson, Chris Bagg, Janda Ricci-Munn and Lisbeth Kenyon battle it out at the 2008 Multisport World Expo in this 10K indoor time trial.
date : December 7, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
By gradually running for increasingly longer periods on a softer surface, you will learn the technique and come to realize the benefits in injury prevention and speed.

date : June 14, 2005
author : smeeko
Training plan featuring specific interval-type and track workouts to increase your 10K speed over the course of 2 months.
date : October 17, 2004
author : smeeko
Discover the joys of trail running while also giving your body many benefits.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 2
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.