General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Retro-Tri bike! 1993 Softride Power V Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-24 2:46 PM

Subject: Retro-Tri bike! 1993 Softride Power V
I bought a Softride Power V back in 1993 (medium size) - it's the original monocoque frame with Specialized composite wheels, nine gear cassette/DuraAce system that still works great today. It has a Chris King head set and Speedplay titanium pedals - can't remember the exact model name but they are the titanium ones from that period. It also has bar-end shifters.

I took the bike to Seattle for the Escape from the Rock triathlon there (kind of disorganized event, by the way, but fun) and in packing for shipping, a small indentation was made about 1/4 inch deep in the thick part of the monocoque frame. I rode with that for five years but came across a composites class at Kansas State University who agreed to make it good as new - for free! However, that one side was now unpainted. A friend who is in the auto body business painted it such that the black "flares out" into a "Mini Cooper Gray" along the edges.

Had to stop running because of knee problems so I switched to cyclocross/gravel grinding (if that makes sense with a knee injury) and a different bike and way of thinking though my heart still lies with triathlon. I'd like to get down to four bikes. I'm asking $949 but will consider a reasonable offer.

Guaranteed people will ask about this bike - especially younger people who weren't around when Softride was the cool bike to have.

If you're interested let me know and we can exchange numbers...

Edited by pblack99 2013-06-24 2:56 PM

2013-12-01 5:45 PM
in reply to: #4786125

Subject: RE: Retro-Tri bike! 1993 Softride Power V
Yes - I'm interested - can you send me some pictures - [email protected]
Sell Gear
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Retro-Tri bike! 1993 Softride Power V Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Softride Tri Bike - $not sure

Started by mattwilley
Views: 3003 Posts: 5

2010-09-10 10:38 AM StrayDog

Softride PowerV, Powertap, Polar, bike parts and Adidas shoes FS

Started by Straz
Views: 2861 Posts: 9

2009-08-02 6:03 PM Straz

WTB: Softride Bike

Started by bhale8811
Views: 1306 Posts: 3

2008-05-09 3:00 PM bhale8811

NEW Softride Rocket TT size L (complete bike)

Started by hein
Views: 3731 Posts: 2

2005-06-24 9:01 AM hein

Two Softride Power Wing Tri Bikes for SALE

Started by Susan
Views: 8233 Posts: 6

2004-01-18 1:57 AM JaWaLav
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
A Walmart bike, a borrowed road bike or a new carbon fiber bike? You don't need to break the bank for your first triathlon bike.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : March 4, 2009
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
In this third part, we discuss bike workout types and how they relate to power training. Power analysis of workouts included. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : December 3, 2008
author : jasongootman
What is power training? In this first part, learn the terms and definitions associated with power training. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?

date : March 17, 2008
author : CPT
In this third segment, Colorado Premier Training goes through several bike position tests to improve on rider efficiency. This was accomplished by varying the saddle height and aerobar width.
date : December 3, 2007
author : CPT
comments : 5
Colorado Premier Training goes over the basics of what bike power training is and how it relates to your optimal bike position.

date : July 3, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions regarding wetsuit for a Sprint, Master's swimming, TI, aqua jogging, HIM fueling and salt, power meters and Tri vs Road bike.