General Discussion Triathlon Talk » InsideOut Duathlon Series - Delco Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-29 12:35 PM

User image

Pro
Wallingford, PA
Subject: InsideOut Duathlon Series - Delco
Hey guys!

I own/run Inner Drive Fitness, a spinning/fitness studio and triathlon coaching operation in Delco (Newtown Square).

I just wanted to share some info on an upcoming "training race" series some of you might be interested in... We're running a series of duathlon format races every Tuesday night at 7 pm beginning July 9 and running through August 13. Each race will consist of a 1.2 mile outdoor run/10 mile indoor bike (our bikes convert power --> speed/distance, so a bit more realistic than bikes that make that conversion based on RPMs) and a second 1.2 mile outdoor run. Participants will be awarded points for each race they participate in as well as finish position in each race, and at the end of the series we'll award prizes for top male and female point winners & most improved.

If you're inclined to ride indoors (at least some) in the summer, we're also running a "Tour de France Challenge" - challenging riders to accumulate as many miles as they can during the tour. We're recording miles ridden in spin classes, and adding a 5 mile "bonus" for each class attended.

FYI, our bikes are equipped with crank-mounted power meters (essentially the same power meter as the new Stages Power Meter), allowing you to do some power-focused workouts. We'll be doing more extensive power-based training when fall rolls around...

We have a summer sale on class packages right now, and I'm offering a 5% discount to BTers. (When you sign up for an account, enter BT in the Group Enrollment field).

You can find more info on all of our classes on our website: www.innerdrivestudio.com

Hope to see some of you!

2013-07-04 6:44 AM
in reply to: jsnowash

User image

Pro
Wallingford, PA
Subject: RE: InsideOut Duathlon Series - Delco
A few more details here.
2013-07-23 2:19 PM
in reply to: jsnowash

User image

Pro
Wallingford, PA
Subject: RE: InsideOut Duathlon Series - Delco
Join us tonight! Great mid-week brick workout, and no worries about traffic on the bike!

Attachments
----------------
insideoutduser.jpeg (27KB - 19 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » InsideOut Duathlon Series - Delco Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Beginner/Intermediate Sprint Tri Clinic in Delco

Started by jsnowash
Views: 860 Posts: 1

2013-05-04 5:04 PM jsnowash

Safe cycling route from Delco to the shore?

Started by jsnowash
Views: 1368 Posts: 5

2012-07-23 10:07 AM JohnnyKay

Hill training - Delco/Monto Pages: 1 2

Started by japewang
Views: 3704 Posts: 36

2012-03-26 5:44 PM BrianRunsPhilly

Spring 5K Series

Started by PSUguru
Views: 828 Posts: 4

2008-03-25 11:23 AM Joe_h

anyone doing the Bucks winter series

Started by Joe_h
Views: 1168 Posts: 4

2008-02-05 12:19 PM Joe_h
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 20, 2008
author : araqnid
comments : 0
After doing duathlons for the last couple of years, I decided to go for a triathlon. Starting with an Olympic-distance race perhaps wasn't wise, but it was fun (of a sort).

date : June 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
My first duathlon was a success. I had so many fears before the race but none of those fears happened. And when it was all over, I felt I had accomplished something big.
date : October 30, 2005
author : mikericci
comments : 1
This program should be used for an athlete who is new to duathlon and their goal is to complete a sprint duathlon without difficulty. The schedule consists of 3 workouts per week in each sport.

date : October 30, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete who is an experienced duathlete and their goal is to complete a medium distance duathlon without difficulty.
date : February 28, 2005
author : sherrick
A 26 week, 6 race series plan for faster performance. A SILVER/GOLD member plan.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.
date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"I was wondering if this is a sensible approach? Should I get "better" on short distance and then move to something longer or do what I want if I feel I can do it whatever the time?"

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
Bricks refer to training on two disciplines during the same workout.