General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training nutrition Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-01 8:51 AM

Subject: Training nutrition
Here is a question for everyone:

When training do you have a specific nutritional / eating schedule or menu that you follow?

After a training session I typically find myself very hungry and was wondering if anyone had any before / after tips that they would like to share.

Thank you

2013-07-01 6:33 PM
in reply to: bart123

User image

Lenexa, KS
Subject: RE: Training nutrition
I don't have a super strict nutritional plan that I follow, but there are a lot of similarites day by day and it goes a little something like

Breakfast: My protein pancake/waffles with natural peanut butter and honey

Mid-morning snack: protein bar

Workout 1: (Varies by sport, typically 1.5-2 hours long) - G2 Gatorade, G2/Water Mixture or Accel Gel are possibilities for tougher/longer workouts

Lunch: Often leftovers from the night's dinner before. Typically a lean meat and some kind of simple carb side (white bread sandwich/buns, little dessert type thing for a quick glycogen restore, can't go too heavy on the simple carbs here)

Afternoon snack: Something complex carb related like a Kashi bar or two, depends on how hungry I am

Workout 2: (Usually much shorter for the day, 15-45 minutes depending on the activity)

Dinner: Chicken (or pork, some lean meat) vegetables, fruit

Late Snack: Complex carb like the kashi bar again usually, on heavy workload weeks sometimes this will be a chicken sandwich if I'm craving meat. On occasion a small bowl of ice cream.

Rinse and repeat. There's always little variations but I try to focus on making the protein component the center of my main meals since its what is going to be doing the work repairing muscles. Plus excess protein is going to get converted to glycogen or fat as necessary so its tough to have too much for most people.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training nutrition Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Training nutrition

Started by bart123
Views: 992 Posts: 1

2013-07-01 8:50 AM bart123

gluten free training nutrition

Started by dlb3830
Views: 1912 Posts: 10

2011-11-28 6:08 PM dlb3830

Tri Training Nutrition

Started by KJNaples
Views: 1071 Posts: 2

2006-09-14 3:23 PM Ron

Nutrition for Post Late Night Training

Started by tupuppy
Views: 1047 Posts: 4

2006-02-26 10:35 AM vortmax

Where to start with training nutrition?

Started by Rennick
Views: 1127 Posts: 4

2005-05-25 11:55 AM Rennick
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2011
author : NiceTriCoaching
comments : 1
If you're training your swim, bike and run, you're almost halfway there! This article explores what most athletes miss, and how to integrate it into your training plan.

date : January 20, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Should I buy organic or standard foods? Fresh or frozen vegetables? Low-fat or fat-free milk? Get tips inside.
date : January 16, 2008
author : hillarybiscay
Our members chat with Hillary Biscay on Ironman racing and training, fluid and nutrition setup, Ironman post race rest, massages, mental training, becoming faster on the bike and swimming.

date : February 12, 2007
author : mrakes1
Now is the time to practice, perfect and master your training and racing nutrition. Especially for the beginner triathlete, this is the time for developing an individualized nutrition plan.
date : May 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 1
Topics include Ironman training, nutrition, focus weeks, balance, running form, SPL, powermeter, coaching and minimal training time for events.

date : November 27, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
Discussion including HIM's, heart-rate monitors, water running, TT's, high kicks, hi vs low volume training and nutrition for weight loss.
date : October 30, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
Off season training, nutrition, faster run, strength training, treadmill and more.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
At first triathlon training may seem scary and that is why I will try to summarize a few tips for whoever wants to try and get their feet wet with triathlon. I can assure you that you will be hooked.