General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Seeking open water swim buddies for lake Wilcox Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-18 8:59 PM

User image

Subject: Seeking open water swim buddies for lake Wilcox
I've been swimming in lake Wilcox and for the first time ever loving swimming. I do wear ear plugs and shower quickly after but it's so beautiful there. Yesterday it was really choppy and I had never swam in choppy water anyway I ended up in a serious and near fatal situation due to inhaling too much water. Needless to say I've gone on line and researched best tri gear for safety and will invest.
Buddy system seems important although one can't really save anyone in the middle of the lake....
Just the same I thought I'd see if there are any takers. I try to swim between 6am 630 am tue or thu and sometimes Sunday am and I can be flexible to go at 4 or 5 in the evening any one interested i some practice and safety?

2013-07-28 9:31 AM
in reply to: kb5213

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Seeking open water swim buddies for lake Wilcox
Hi, welcome to BT! No idea where or even what country Lake Wilcox is in, but check out our regional forums (at the bottom of the Forums page) and post in the relevant one. Good luck!
2013-08-03 5:06 PM
in reply to: kb5213

Hi,

I will be starting OW swimming in Lake Wilcox starting Aug 10 as well, and would like to swim with a beginner group as well. Please let me know if anyone else is interested and we can work out some times preferably in the am.

My plan is to improve swimming with the Masters group from Sep - Dec to be ready for OWS next season.

Best,
2013-12-29 3:33 PM
in reply to: ali.nawab

User image

Did u find anyone to swim with? I sort of did for weekends but would be great for am too! How early do you swim? What distance will you be racing? And i suppose what did you do last year as events and what were your swim times - this will help us to determine if we are close in speed to train.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Seeking open water swim buddies for lake Wilcox Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

open water swim dallas area march 2012

Started by aekholm
Views: 914 Posts: 5

2012-02-14 2:07 PM aekholm

so cal open water swimming

Started by runnertotri
Views: 723 Posts: 3

2009-12-21 12:20 PM ChrisM

Can I use a surfing wetsuit for the open water swim?

Started by mcgoo
Views: 5291 Posts: 4

2008-09-02 2:00 PM ratherbesnowboarding

New and Needs an Open Water Swim Partner in LA

Started by drewdig
Views: 997 Posts: 4

2008-05-31 5:33 AM mattkempf

How do u do an open water swim

Started by Biker Chik
Views: 851 Posts: 6

2004-07-26 10:15 AM roxx
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.

date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.
date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.

date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.