General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Commit to be Fit Multisport Festival - Final week discount Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-20 11:21 AM

New user
Westerville, Ohio
Subject: Commit to be Fit Multisport Festival - Final week discount
Greetings Triathletes!

Hope your summer is going well. We’ve got an offer that we think will make it even better. As you may know, we’re just one week out from this year’s Commit to be Fit Multisport Festival (Previously the Giant Eagle Multisport Festival) and we’d like you to join us.

M3S Sports and HFP Racing would like to invite your club to join us for the Commit To Be Fit Multisport Festival. This sports festival features an exciting combination of triathlon and running events, including a women’s only triathlon and a children’s Splash and Dash.

Again this year, we are an official 5150 event, which means your members can potentially qualify to race at the 5150 Championships, at the Hy-vee Triathlon, in Des Moines, Iowa.

Race dates are Saturday, July the 27th, for the Women‘s only triathlon and Kid’s Splash and Dash, and Sunday, July the 28th, for our Olympic and Sprint distance triathlons and 10K, 5K and 2K run/walk events.

We’d like to invite you and your club members to join us for these great events. Come for the day or make a weekend out of it. To encourage everyone to register now, we’d like to offer your club a $10 discount off our current registration prices. To get this discount, just enter the code 13TRICLUB, in the discount box at the end of registration. This code supersedes all other codes and discounts (i.e. may not be combined).

Again best wishes for a great summer and we hope to see you all in Columbus next weekend! For more information, contact Sandy Donald at [email protected].

2013-07-20 9:41 PM
in reply to: trinergy

User image

Delaware, OH
Subject: RE: Commit to be Fit Multisport Festival - Final week discount
No wonder why my HFP code from last year's referral does not work- its a 3m race!

Thanks for sharing the discount code!
2013-07-21 4:21 PM
in reply to: Aysel

User image

New user

Columbus, Ohio
I am looking forward to it!!!!!!!
2013-07-22 7:30 AM
in reply to: mentalmarine

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I'm in for it!   Who else is in for this?

Kevin - in looking at last year's results, I see you did this -- how do you compare it to Caesar Creek (where you just had a comparable time), and are you doing it this year??  

2013-07-22 8:37 AM
in reply to: cgregg

I'm in for the Oly!

Anybody know if the construction on Africa Rd. is going to mess with the bike course?
2013-07-22 2:02 PM

User image

Dublin, OH
I love this race! Unfortunately, I am out of town on Sunday.

This is a fast bike course. It is net downhill. There are a few rollers and slight uphill from mile 7-9, but after mile 9 it is literally all downhill from there (except maybe a slight uphill in the campus area). Caesar Creek has more climbs than this. If I was doing it again this year, I would hope to average around 24mph. Even though there is a slight chance of rain, the highs in the 70s looks like great weather for this weekend. I'm jealous.

Strava segment from last year:
http://app.strava.com/activities/15337511

Good luck!

-Kevin

2013-07-22 2:15 PM
in reply to: flanag

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Sweet!  So, I'm going to try to be near red-line the whole race :-)

Oh, I may have figured out (part of) the reason you and everyone else seemed to go by me so fast and easily on the hills during the Caesar Creek bike (aside from the fact that you all likely are more fit than me, lol).... I had my 12-23 cassette on there.  

That 23 isn't very good for big hills like we had, hehe.   I'll have an 11-28 on there this week (arrives tomorrow)... I should be able to do better on the hill, and I'll have a little more for the flats/downhills.

2013-07-23 9:36 AM

User image

Regular
Columbus
I'm in for the sprint! Looking forward to it. Haven't biked as much as I've planned on with all of the rain we've had this summer, but it should be a fun race.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Commit to be Fit Multisport Festival - Final week discount Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Free Tri clinic this weekend - Commit to be Fit Multisport Triathlon

Started by trinergy
Views: 1277 Posts: 1

2013-07-19 8:57 PM trinergy

Registration Open for Fast & Fit Multisport Camp at Caesar Creek on July 27

Started by momineam
Views: 1116 Posts: 1

2013-06-30 1:04 PM momineam

Registration Open for Fast & Fit Multisport Camp at Caesar Creek on June 1

Started by momineam
Views: 818 Posts: 1

2013-05-04 11:14 AM momineam

Giant Eagle Multisport Festival

Started by trinergy
Views: 1858 Posts: 9

2011-08-18 7:52 PM Jungle Jenn

Pool closed! OWS next week am @ Alum Creek

Started by danbob
Views: 912 Posts: 3

2009-08-22 4:00 PM danbob
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 16, 2012
author : suebum74
comments : 4
Why do triathletes need a recovery week and why do we feel so bad during it?

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : April 14, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
The bike fitters at Fit Werx talk about all the components of a triathlon bike fit and how it relates to aerodynamics and the individual.
date : October 31, 2004
author : chrisandniki
comments : 0
Getting fall discounts on triathlon equipment is more difficult than finding the Great Pumpkin, right? Well, I’m here to say it isn’t so. Deals for triathletes are plentiful - you just have to look.

date : September 8, 2004
author : TriSports.com
comments : 3
Online triathlon superstore, created for triathletes, by triathletes. We carry the highest quality triathlon equipment, triathlon gear and triathlon apparel.
date : September 8, 2004
author : promotion
comments : 4
ProMotion continues to excel in the Triathlon wetsuit market with evolved designs widely regarded as the finest available and loyal support from athletes worldwide.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 38
Know how to get around BT. Some essentials on emails, passwords, pictures, login problems and more.