General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Falls Lake Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-02 7:32 PM

Subject: Falls Lake Challenge
Bushwhack Adventures is pleased to announce the return of the Falls Lake Challenge!

The FLC2013 is completely redesigned from 2010 and this time will offer both 4 hour and 8 hour course options. The start/finish location of this race will on Falls Lake, just north of Raleigh, NC.

Teams will be mountain biking, trekking, and paddling as they navigate their way to find checkpoint flags. Estimated distances in each discipline for the 8-hour course are: biking 20+ miles, trekking 5+ miles, and paddling 4+ miles. The 4-hour course distances will be about half of that. Your mileage may vary, depending on your team's navigation skills.

Also new this year, canoes will be provided for all 4 hour teams that need boats and GPS will be allowed on the 4 hour course. Never done an adventure race? We have tried to make this as easy as showing up with your friends and playing outside for a few hours.

All details and registration information can be found here: http://www.gobushwhack.com/2013FLC.html

2013-08-27 9:17 PM
in reply to: patrick_d

Subject: RE: Falls Lake Challenge
3 weeks out. 2 great courses. Come give it a try.
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Falls Lake Challenge Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Take The Lake - Lake Waccamaw Swim

Started by gts
Views: 2244 Posts: 3

2010-06-20 8:57 PM gts

Falls Lake OWS

Started by keyone
Views: 826 Posts: 1

2008-08-14 7:05 AM keyone

Let's dump Lake Crabtree for Falls Lake for Triangle Tri!

Started by fgump
Views: 1327 Posts: 8

2007-11-06 6:59 AM mandy7741

OWS at Falls Lake?

Started by JessNC1018
Views: 784 Posts: 5

2007-07-31 10:55 AM JessNC1018

Cool new stuff from Set-Up... White Lake in the fall

Started by sunburnin
Views: 732 Posts: 2

2007-06-10 4:36 PM DB8
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 0
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?
date : August 7, 2007
author : AMSSM
What would cause my foot to fall asleep after running about 3 miles and then have a numb spot on the top of my instep?

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.

date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.
date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.

date : October 17, 2004
author : chrisandniki
Fall's also the time to shop! In fact, now's the best time to retool some of your triathlon equipment for next year, right before the Christmas season begins to jack prices upward.