IS
12C / 54F
Sunny
Total Time = 55m 43s
Overall Rank = 3/4
Age Group = TT
Age Group Rank = 3/4
Pre-race routine:

20K Warm-up for the TT incl. 5 x 1 min effort.
Bike
  • 55m 43s
  • 32 kms
  • 34.46 km/hr
Comments:

Very good race where everything just worked out the way it was supposed too! Got a good warm-up in by biking from home, taking it easy at first and once I got to the harbor I took the 1min efforts. Arrived at the race at 9:55pm and start was supposed to be a at 10:20pm but they were running late by 15 minutes. I biked a bit more, watched a bit , went to the car and changed clothes, went to the bathroom and then stood around for about 5 minutes before the start. We were only 4 girls in the TT Bike class (and 17 in the roadbike class) and I was up against the best female Triathlete in Iceland who usually only bikes a but slower than Torben (!) and against the best Biker in Iceland (road and MTB) and against the one and only female in Iceland who finished IM Kona. Great!! I knew I had a chance to get third by winning the Kona woman but I needed to bike like a manica so I pushed right from the start. I had covered the PM computer but during the first lap I uncovered the seconds so I could keep an eye on the Kona woman who started 1 minute behind me. 6 lap course with very tight 180 degree turns. I can turn so I think I made good time during those. After the first lap the Kona woman and me were still equal but after that I slowly increased my lead. We had tailwind out and headwind back which was OK as the distance were so short it did not really matter. I pushed hard during the tailwind and took it a tad easier during headwind or at least it felt that way. My breating was hard right from the beginning. Never changed but I knew right away that this would be the competition to push!
Post race
Warm down:

So I got third with a time of 55:44 for the 32km and I was 3,5 minutes behind the best Biker and 6,5 minute behind the best Triathlete...BUT also 1 min and 17 secs in front of the Kona woman :)

Really good race and I am sure I would have not biked so fast and the Power that I did if I would have seen the numbers during the race so covering it up was a good call! :)

Last updated: 2013-07-18 12:00 AM
Biking
00:55:43 | 32 kms | 34.46 km/hr
Age Group: 0/4
Overall: 0/4
Performance: Good
Split times for the laps are as follows: 9:18 (243 avg Watts) 9:16 (254 avg Watts) 9:14 (246 avg Watts) 9:10 (238 avg Watts) 9:24 (219 avg Watts) 9:22 (220 avg Watts)
Wind: Some
Course: 6 loops with two 180 degree turns.
Road: Smooth  Cadence: 87
Turns: Good Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2013-08-05 8:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Iceland
Subject: Alvogen Midnight Time Trial 2013
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Alvogen Midnight Time Trial 2013 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cherry Creek Time Trial Series #1

Started by luv2ride
Views: 1418 Posts: 8

2005-04-15 7:28 AM gunit

Piru Time Trial

Started by GasMunky
Views: 1130 Posts: 8

2005-04-15 9:52 PM heymickey

Tom's Farms Time Trial

Started by celmore
Views: 895 Posts: 1

2004-11-17 7:34 PM celmore

Tom's Farms Time Trial

Started by GasMunky
Views: 914 Posts: 1

2004-11-15 7:50 PM GasMunky

Intl Police Games - Time Trial

Started by desertsix
Views: 915 Posts: 1

2004-08-15 1:15 AM desertsix
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How do you determine VO2 max for cycling? I have my HR zones from a time trial, but don't know how to get VO2 max out of that.
date : April 16, 2008
author : Team BT
Watch Christina Robeson, Chris Bagg, Janda Ricci-Munn and Lisbeth Kenyon battle it out at the 2008 Multisport World Expo in this 10K indoor time trial.

date : June 6, 2006
author : TriForrestTri
In order to maintain the rest of our life, we also have to become skilled at time management. Here are a few suggestions for getting workouts in when you can.
date : March 5, 2006
author : mikericci
The optimal number of times you should weight train is dependant on the time of year, how close you are to your A race, and which training cycle you are in.

date : January 30, 2006
author : acbadger
I am totally out of shape. I haven't worked out in over 2 years. I want to get back into it. I am facing several challenges including time constraints and being over weight.
date : January 30, 2006
author : acbadger
Should I have time goals for the first sprint? Should I just finish the race at a reasonable pace? I'm not sure how to approach this.

date : January 29, 2006
author : Ontherun
We triathletes are a lucky lot. We have the time and the resources to enjoy a sport that is time consuming and can be very expensive. I take this opportunity to reflect on my good fortune.